Menu
What kind of jobs do you have in China?
Dec 17, 2009 09:36
GUEST98131 Well not exactly... Chinese people do not do the same jobs we foreigners do. The reason we are hired is for our expertise in dealing with foreign situations, company, etiquette, and understanding how to do business the foreign way. This is not something even close to how Chinese approach doing business. It is very different between our worlds. If you ever have a chance to travel to a western country, you will notice some big differences. Foreigners place a high value on quality, cleanliness and efficiency. You don't have to go very far in China to face many obstacles in those 3 areas.

Chinese people have other things on their minds... like establishing relationships...proper introductions, formalities, dinners, take your time approach.. etc...no rush to nailing things down quickly...
Jan 10, 2010 17:10
  • DIONNEHONEY
I will be in Beijing on March and I have a partner that would like to apply in China as well. How would she know if there are companies that are hiring. In Singapore they have "Straits Times" in which the expats would know when, where and how to go to the company that are hiring. I don't know if in China you also have this kind of English newspaper wherein it will be easier for the expats to look for a job. Please help me with this. Thank you so much.
Jan 10, 2010 20:37
  • SMILE1212
hello
where are you from?As we are a services company ,maybe we can help you!

Amanda
Jan 22, 2010 16:00
  • SLEWIS
I am a 25 year old Master's graduate (MA) from New Zealand who is very keen to find work in China. I was in China two months ago on a one-month Mandarin scholarship (I am still a beginner in Mandarin) and I absolutely loved it.

Ideally I would love to find an entry-level position in a company and work my way up. Does anyone know of any opportunities I should look at?

Thanks!
Apr 28, 2010 12:25
GUEST12162 the law about racing is it true that if your going to fast they won't chase you
Apr 28, 2010 12:29
GUESTMIGUEL yes there are some good jobs here like the airport a place called walmart
May 13, 2010 23:26
GUESTJIN Are there many native financial services firms in China? I would expect investment firms might be looking for people with native English skills to head their investment analysis department or senior investment analysts to write reports on investment recommendations and suggestions but it turns out that China has a abundant translation services or even internal translation department to help with foreign documents. There is practically no need for outside help expect for business etiquette, JDs for M&As, and consultants. I believe someone has said that the best way to get a job in China is to teach or start a business but I think the easiest way would be finding a large international company such as WMT, IBM, and MSFT to work in their international development department or international relations. If you are in a top MBA program from Harvard, Dartmouth, Duke, etc then you should ask your career services department to see if they have a "Country" book where they keep a list of foreign companies that are looking for American talent. The top school connections will be a great way to get your foot in the door to fantastic international companies.

I hope all of you guys find success and happiness to your future endeavors.
Dec 2, 2010 09:06
GUEST52332 I guess your right!! I am in love with china!! It's so epic!!
Dec 2, 2010 09:08
GUEST52332 Hmm...I'm not really sure. I know that you can get a job as a waiter and sever noodles. But that what I get from watching T.V. Not only that you can also get a job as a T.V. producer. We get alot of movies form china!!
Dec 2, 2011 12:20
GUEST23113 thanks just wanted to now and helped me with my homework that there are different types of jobs in china
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What kind of jobs do you have in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code