Menu
Do You Trust in Chinese Traditional Medicine?
May 16, 2007 03:55
  • BBQQ
Recently, some of Chinese netizens call on a boycott to traditional Chinese medicine. They believe that Chinese traditional medicine is not scientific and systemic.

May 16, 2007 04:01
  • BBQQ
After hearing their words, many people delivered different idea. Many still believe that traditional Chinese medicine is better than Western medicine when dealing with some illness. Many Chinese think that Chinese medicine is more natural and healthier.

Any comments? What's your idea?
May 16, 2007 19:25
  • KEVIN0518
Well, I trust it. When I am sick, I find that Chinese medicine is useful. Taking Western medicine can quickly ease your symptom but is has side-effects. Through thousand years, it has been proved that Chinese medicine can cure people though some say it is not scentific. It is strange that the foreigners trust it and come to China for curing illness, especially the acupuncture. They think that it is unique.
May 16, 2007 20:18
  • QQIAN0124
abslutenly , chinese traditional medince is magic
May 16, 2007 23:02
  • CHYNAGYRL
I would say try it, but watch for how your body reacts to it. I think the physical therapies like acupuncture and cupping work for many especially for chronic pain, but I would be careful about anything you need to ingest. My parents are both Western-educated pharmacists with certificates in naturopathy so they've studied in detail the herbal remedies. The herbal remedies from Chinese stores are pure so they have a higher amount of active ingredients, compared to say the powdered pills you buy in a Western pharmacy. That's why the diagnosis and dosage needs to be correct or else it could be too strong.

For instance, my dad got a prescription from an Asian medical doctor for his shaking. He had a nervous system attack from some kind of virus that the Western neurologists could not identify -- they thought it was some variant of Creutzfeld-Jacobs disease. So the doctor prescribed some traditional ingredients including herbs and pulverized old dinosaur bone. In his case, the prescription was too strong, and it caused his gums to bleed when he drank the concoction, so he stopped taking that remedy.

May 17, 2007 04:00
  • BBQQ
Chinese medicines rely much on doctor's experiences, talent, sense of judgement, etc. So maybe that's why there is just a slight difference between good one and bad one.
May 17, 2007 04:41
  • RITA
I absolutely trust Chinese traditional medicine, based on my own experience. Many people tried and give up on CTM because they lost patience half way after they tried CTM and didn't see the immediate effect they expected - as what they do to western medicines. To use CTM, one got to be patient, reacting slowly is one of the special points of CTM, being fast isn't necessarily a good thing, every progress should be made in a step-by-step manner, so as curing a disease, an immediate response to the body is just like a sudden attack by some disease, the body needs time to adapt any new situation, good or bad.

Another important reason why i believe in CTM: CTM has been existed for a few thousand years, and lots of improvement has been made during the long history, it's pointless to doubt the curative effect. :)
May 17, 2007 10:37
  • LIONPOWER
I have heard from my friend- Sex disorder Chinese traditional medicine very effective but no side effect
Oct 11, 2007 14:48
GUEST48134 Whatever you said, I still believe Chinese traditional medicine. It uses nature plants to make medicine,but not base on chemical. It's more healthy.
Oct 12, 2007 01:11
I believe in Chinese traditional medicine although it has had some bad reports in the press over here in the UK, I have suffered so many ailments over the last 10 years I will try anything help, I take Western medication for my Arthritis but with little effect, so my girlfriend has suggested I see a Chinese doctor when I come over to see if there is something that can help me.
I say don't knock it until you try it.
Oct 15, 2007 00:06
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Traditional Chinese medicine is pretty interesting. My grandfather is one of those "traditional doctors" prescribing herb concoctions to burning in scents into areas of the body. Though I am more willing to head down to walgreens to pickup something from the medicine aisle I would be willing to try an alternative if the opportunity comes up, but I would definitely stop at the rooster testicles.

Danny
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do You Trust in Chinese Traditional Medicine?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code