Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Sep 7, 2008 23:31
  • APAULT
If you park your car illegally you pay a fixed penalty charge and you do not go to court. you are not a criminal. If you did not contest the stalking isn't that the same? I would still say nothing, or rename it such as failing to obey pedestrian rules!

China works on the basis of following administrative procedures. If you mention a misdemeanour, (whatever that is, as I think it is a distinctly US concept) they might be required to check it. Say nothing and I doubt they will investigate: I just cannot see them checking out every individual visa application.
Sep 7, 2008 23:33
  • APAULT
Looking at it from a slightly differnt perspective: we have been considering this issue in here for many months - no-one has posted any info that suggests there has ever been a problem with stating you have a minor conviction or from not stating it on an application.

Anyone know of any failed applications??
Sep 8, 2008 21:59
GUEST37589 why take the chance of lying? Why not just be honest? I don't have to use the term "stalking" I can just say that I got in a fight with a former friend or something. I don't want to be caught in a lie and then barred.
Sep 14, 2008 06:45
GUEST22416 Hi all, all countries are different and the way the Chinese consul or embassy looks at these countries. I would like to know if anyone from Canada has a criminal record has been denied a visa since this new question on the application took effect.
Sep 18, 2008 04:33
GUESTFELON Just say 'NO'. Innecent as a virgin ;)
Of course if you looked by Interpol they will stop you at the border when you enter.
They can check about records only if they found something 'special', they cannoot search without any permission in the Police records also Interpol (searching only the active crimes)
Sep 19, 2008 22:08
GUEST37589 guest felon. You can go to any old internet website (sometimes for free) and look up a person's record. You don't need permission. By the way why has no one answered my question about the harm in being honest?
Sep 19, 2008 22:58
GUEST37589 I also was just thinking. I think they can use your passport to scan for a criminal record. anybody know of any lawyers who can advise on this?
Sep 22, 2008 19:48
GUEST59237 so am i to believe that a criminal record that is 18 yrs old for possession and possession with intent, I will still be able to go to china?without applying for a pardon?just as long as i put it on the visa application?
Sep 23, 2008 03:41
  • APAULT
Food question: is a criminal recorded on the passport. It certainly could be. However, does one country want to make this available to another? Internet research is called for!

Guest 59237: I would take the view that that your misdemeanour (I use that in the normal sense not the US legal sense) has expired and does not require declaring. I would not declare any drug offence as they are rather paranoid about drugs. I am no advocate of any illegal drugs, but what young ppl are told is quite a distance removed from the truth. Still if it means that China has less drug issues than we do in most western countries, they have something going their way
Sep 25, 2008 12:01
GUEST37589 What about misdemeanor stalking from 3 years ago? Should I include this or not?
Page 5 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code