Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Jun 4, 2008 10:36
  • APAULT
see other threads
Jun 12, 2008 16:28
  • BIGPHIL
Hi
I have a couple of problems with my visa application. Firstly i have a criminal record. Although it was several years ago i am still worried about being turned down for the visa. I was planning on answering no to the criminal record question. Secondly, the company i am using to get the visa say i need to give full details of hotels booked. I'm worried that if i did get turned down for the visa i could not only lose the money for my flight but also for the hotels that i need to book beforehand. Any advice would be much appreciated
Jun 14, 2008 11:21
  • APAULT
Do searches on each of these questions as they have been discussed before. There is not likely to be a check on yr criminal record. You can consider gettinh a Chinese person to say you will be staying with them, or you can book cheap hotels and forfeit the deposit. Or you might find an agent who will fake teh bookings...but can;'t you type up emails ???
Jun 21, 2008 11:43
GUEST?GUEST I was wondering on this. Oh the shame. I'm going to China to study in sept, have a place at uni and a scholarship, but got caught nicking a cereal bar from a Boots. The police came and did a police check, didn't take finger prints or say they were cautioning me and just took the bar and let me go. The store said I was banned. It was fairly shameful. 

But I didn't know whether that would go down on any record as a caution, cos they took my name, address and DoB. It's just because the Visa checks have become strict for the Olympics. I'm obviously going to tick 'no' on the box, because I don't have a criminal record.
I'm just a bit shaken up and not to mention pretty ashamed at possibly wrecking things by nicking a cereal bar.
Jun 27, 2008 23:50
GUEST37589 I have a misdemeanor but it is for "stalking" about 3 years ago. I have been to China 4 times but only now does the application ask about criminal records. I want to get a Z visa to teach for one year. Should I mark "no'? Somebody told me that if I get the speedy service (where you pay extra to pick up your visa on the same day for extra money) that they won't check. Is this true?
Jul 25, 2008 18:59
GUEST20096 DID YOU GET YOUR VISA ? DID YOU CHECK NO. I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION. I HAVE A FELONY CONVICTION CLASS R LARCENY FROM A BUILDING $150 DOLLARS TOTAL. IT IS SET TO BE EXPUNGED ON AUG 25TH IN COURT HOWEVER I NEED TO APPLY FOR MY VISA NOW. I AM NO SURE WHAT TO DO.HELP
Jul 29, 2008 20:21
GUEST20096 did you get your visa?
Aug 3, 2008 08:39
  • BISMARK
Slightly different problem. I plan on traveling to China. My record is clean but my brother has a felony conviction for lude and lustivious act with a minor above 16 year old. It happened 15 years ago when he was younger, no other problems except traffic tickets. He will answer yes on the convictions because he will not lie. Will this be a issue or not with China he really wants to travel with us and it would be nice to have him join us.
Aug 24, 2008 08:42
GUEST93023 Hi,

Been through this.
I had an indecent assult conviction but said it was an assualt conviction and they granted me a visa twice in 2007 & 2008.
The consulates do have access to check your criminal convictions via the federal police.
There have been instances where someone has had the same name, applied for a visa and been refused only to find they got the wrong person.
Be honest with them, don't sit on the plane wondering for hours on the trip over if they will stop you at the boarder.
Sep 6, 2008 13:32
GUEST37589 what if you want to WORK in China and you have a criminal record? Would they be more strict? I have a misdemeanor stalking charge from 2 years ago. No other trouble and I only paid a fine. Like the others here I felt my charge was unjustified but was afraid to contest it and decided to just plea bargain. I am a teacher by profession, and my wife, who after a long time has forgiven me, is a Chinese citizen with an American green card. Do you think they will be more strict with someone who wants to work in China rather than just live?

I have been to China many times before, once for half a year if that matters for anything. Of course this was all before they asked the question on the new forms. PLEASE HELP. I love teaching so much (adults a lot more than children) and China has more SECURE OPPORTUNITIES FOR THIS.
Page 4 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code