Menu
Why marry a Chinese girl?
Oct 22, 2007 21:24
  • SUNNYDREAM
JCNLE123,

Ha, so it's my fault? Thanks for your kindly answer for my deviated questions. Why marry a Chinese girl? The answer varied from one man to another. Anyhow, there are some common grounds for getting married with a Chinese girl. What are the reasons? By the way, I am wondering what are the best channels for you to know Chinese girls? Through chatting with them on the internet? Or do you find some Match-makers?
Oct 22, 2007 22:21
  • JCNILE123
Sunnydream,

“Ha, so it's my fault?”

Not at all I, followed you. I, take my share.

“I am wondering what are the best channels for you to know Chinese girls?
Through chatting with them on the internet? Or do you find some Matchmakers?”

I do not know why you ask me that, but I have no shame to tell you that she
found me.
I think at first, she over rated her self, but she is good. (just a joke)

I do not have time to chitchat around and I do not like matchmakers.
Oct 23, 2007 01:14
  • ROGERINCA
I met a woman.

She embodied all the qualities I had ever hoped for in a female companion.

She was the woman that I had always dreamed about.

She was the woman I chose to marry.

She just happened to be Chinese.
Oct 23, 2007 09:00
  • JCNILE123
Roger, good to see you around,
Nice statement
Jcn
Oct 27, 2007 15:25
GUEST32134 I am a western woman, who was very committed to my marriage and faithful throughout the 22 years I was married to my western husband. I supported him in his career and put my ambitions aside for him. He abandoned our children and myself for a young Chinese woman. She is 25 years younger than him and me. I don't think that he would have the same opportunities to have met a much younger woman in his own native country, not being rich or powerful enough, but, of course, in China, his status was a different matter. In China, my husband is seen as wealthy and a good catch. I think finance and security lie at the base of many of these relationships, and the reason that not so many Chinese men have relationships or marry foreign women, is to do with earning power.
Oct 28, 2007 21:49
  • LEONARDO
GUEST32134,

So sorry to hear your story. Don't you think that he was not worthy of your love? I am not sure what your relationship with the western man is like now.

Maybe, you are right that "that he wouldn't have the same opportunities to have met a much younger woman in his own native country, not being rich or powerful enough, but, of course, in China, his status was a different matter." In his native country, he might be nothing but an ordinary guy. However, in China, he was viewed as " unusual", because he spent "dollars".

In China, there is a stereotyped mentality about "Western Stuffs and Western Men". It seems that " all the Stuffs made in the West are adorable. Particularly in many Chinese girls's eyes, Western men are rich, humorous, smart, sexy, virile and gentle. ( Of course, there are such kinds of Western gentlemen). However, are all the" Western Men" gentlemanly. Probably not! There are also "some wolves in sheeps' clothing". So be cautious!

"The reason that not so many Chinese men have relationships or marry foreign women, is to do with earning power. " As to this statement, I am unclear about this, since there are few marriages between a Chinese man and a Western Woman. Is it because most Chinese Men are not rich enough? So may I take the liberty to generalize a conclusion (based on your statement) that Western women value " wealth or money" very much in dealing with their marriages. I am not sure about that since I had few contacts with "Western Women". I do hope that any Western Ladies who read this post can air your opinion or your stance about this Chinese Lady( GUEST32134 )'s statement. Is she right? What do you Western Women value in your marriage?

Oct 29, 2007 00:22
  • JCNILE123
Leonardo,

Quote,
So sorry to hear your story. Don't you think that he was not worthy of your love?
I am not sure what your relationship with the western man is like now

Are you sorry for real about this western person painful case?
That is Guest 32134

Because I can see on your words a sense of opportunistic pleasure as you dissect
her words, and the follow up statement of yours.

Quote,
In China, there is a stereotyped mentality about "Western Stuffs and
Western Men". It seems that “all the Stuffs made in the West are adorable.
Particularly in many Chinese girl’s eyes, Western men are rich, humorous,
smart, sexy, virile and gentle. (Of course, there are such kinds of Western
gentlemen). However, are all the" Western Men" gentlemanly. Probably not!
There are also "some wolves in sheep’s' clothing". So be cautious!

You make think of your opportunistic words to be painful as the act it self of
the individual that left her.

In fact you go far as to question her too.
Again, are you sorry for real about her painful experience?

Or are you a resentful Chinese male against western man?
Oct 29, 2007 05:17
  • DODGER
Roger,
A nice post and I agree entirely with your words,
“She just happens to be Chinese”
Guest32134,
I gave my last Wife 24 years of devotion and what I thought was love.
I sent my Sons to a very expensive private school at her request and she never had to work. The House keeper and the Gardener came in 3 times a week.
She left me for a younger man with a better car than me. He has now given her the flick.
I am now of course not wealthy as she took a great deal of money with her while I still look after my boys. I am now left to rebuild my wealth working 7 days a week. Yes, I will be back.
With out us both having to go into too much personnel detail, Crap happens to all of us.
Perhaps we both failed to give what was really needed?
Dodger.
Oct 29, 2007 05:47
I also agreed with Rogers post too.
You seem to had it worse than me Dodger, I'm still good friends with my ex and she still cares about me even though our marriage didn't work out.
I hope everything is working well with you and your new wife and that you don't have to work yourself too hard for too much longer.
Alan.
Oct 29, 2007 06:05
  • DODGER
Alan,
As I said, Crap happens. That’s a part of life, like living and dying.
But while am having a rave do you remember the bit in the film “Chariots of Fire” where the athlete fro the US, just before the start of the 400 yards race gave a note to the committed Christian Scotsman who had never run that distance before?
It read:
“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles: They shall run, and not be weary: and they shall walk, and not faint.”
This is written on the first page of my diary that I read every day.
Strange thing is I am not a Christian.
Cheers, Dodger.
Page 5 of 58    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why marry a Chinese girl?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code