Menu
Why marry a Chinese girl?
Oct 29, 2007 09:27
  • CARLOS
Roger,
all is said there, thanks for saving my fingers. I feel just the same about my lao po. Although I met her in the internet, it was some kind of accident, I was not looking for a Chinese woman.

Carlos
Oct 29, 2007 10:02
  • CHYNAGYRL
I like Chinese guys. I would like marry one with a good heart and a good head on his shoulders.

I used to like Caucasian guys more but now I'm so disappointed, after I saw their behavior in Asia. When I was in Asia, I saw single white guys in social situations (i.e. at parties, at school). They get treated like God by the women there, and I think to myself, what have they done to deserve this? It's like their social status went up ten-fold by walking into Asia. And there are a lot of nice Asian guys, handsome ones too. I feel that Chinese guys might be a little intimidated by Western women -- maybe they don't feel like they have enough to offer? My good friend from Beijing told me that a number of Chinese men are intimidated by Chinese women, and don't want to marry until they have savings and education, since Chinese women have certain expectations. (i.e. she said they have low self-esteem). This is related to Chinese women being emancipated for many years...

Even before the year 2001, the United Nations scale on women's emancipation showed that Chinese women ranked higher than Japanese, Korean, AND American women.

Chinese women -- #8
Canadian women -- #8
American women #22
Japanese #27
South Korean # 36

I was very surprised when I saw this, but I suspect it's because Chinese women participate more in politics, in addition to holding jobs and having (at least in big cities) similar opportunities for employment and education as men. I'm not sure if Chinese women are really as "traditional" as people think... I actually find them soft on the outside and ambitious on the inside.
Oct 29, 2007 10:17
Are you sure you're not a born again Christian, Dodger?
As for the film " Chariots of Fire " I have seen it although through bleary eyes, I was three sheets to the wind at the time so I'm not sure how much of the story is stored in my memory.
Alan.
Oct 30, 2007 02:20
  • LEONARDO
Mr JCNICLE123,

I am just wondering if you are always skeptical about others’ sincere sympathy for the suffered. I am wondering whether you feel gloomy with the state of the world. This world is full of love, care and sympathy.

“Because I can see on your words a sense of opportunistic pleasure as you dissect her words, and the follow up statement of yours.” This is how you feel after reading my post? I am not sure whether you are more insightful than others. Would you please read between the lines please?
In my post, I quoted the guest32134. Did I change the lady’s intention? I just wanted to criticize the immoral man who betrayed their love and marriage. Maybe, I should admit that I am a little bit sensational or emotional. (I can not force myself to be rational after hearing the painful case.) Hence, the following statements:

“In China, there is a stereotyped mentality about "Western Stuffs and Western Men". It seems that “all the Stuffs made in the West are adorable. Particularly in many Chinese girl’s eyes, Western men are rich, humorous, smart, sexy, virile and gentle. (Of course, there are such kinds of Western gentlemen). However, are all the" Western Men" gentlemanly. Probably not!
There are also "some wolves in sheep’s' clothing". So be cautious!”

However, as a native Chinese, I sincerely tell you that this is the reality in China. Mr JCNIlE123, China is experiencing a transition from the old agricultural civilization to a highly-industrialized nation. The old mentality is being challenged. (Some should be abandoned). Well, there is a tendency that many Chinese take in the western stuffs without any discernment. That is to say, there is a mentality of blind idolization of the West in China. (I am not a conservative. Personally, I value many merits of the western civilization such as equality, democracy and bluntness. My admiration for the western stuff has not mounted to the blind idolization). My intention is to share this truth with Guest32134 and other members in this forum and made more people think more seriously about this issue. Nothing more!!! Did my post contain a sense of opportunistic pleasure? Did I have the need to tease guest32134?Remember, she is one of my beloved compatriots!! I treated her painful case as something happened to my beloved siblings. Personally, I have two beloved sisters. I just hated that kind of person who is wicked, irresponsible and unfaithful, whoever he is a westerner or a Chinese.

Oct 30, 2007 02:20
  • LEONARDO
Quote:
“In fact you go far as to question her too. Again, are you sorry for real about her painful experience? Or are you a resentful Chinese male against western man?”

Am I a resentful Chinese male against western man? Should I? Do I have the need to resent Western men? I guess you make the assumption from this paragraph:

“Particularly in many Chinese girls’ eyes, Western men are rich, humorous, smart, sexy, virile and gentle. (Of course, there are such kinds of Western gentlemen). However, are all the" Western Men" gentlemanly. Probably not There are also "some wolves in sheep’s' clothing”

I have pointed in the parenthesis to avoid some sensitive guys’ misjudgment. I am not going to say all the western guys are bad. Judging from your posts I have viewed in this forum, I know that you didn’t belong to that group. In fact, every society has both villains and nice people. Both in China and the West. Am I wrong about this? In my surroundings, I have met numerous quite kind-hearted and nice western guys. They value friendship, love, marriage and family. I show my respect for them.

Mr JCNICLE123, the only thing I want to say about you is that you are hypersensitive. I have no intention to offend you or any other western guys of integrity. If you still feel that I offend you, I offer my sincere apology to you here.

Leonardo
Nov 1, 2007 04:48
  • KATRINA
Quote:

"I used to like Caucasian guys more but now I'm so disappointed, after I saw their behavior in Asia. When I was in Asia, I saw single white guys in social situations (i.e. at parties, at school). They get treated like God by the women there, and I think to myself, what have they done to deserve this?"

CHYNAGYRL .
Where have you been to in Asia? The caucasian guys I met in China are generally well-mannered. It is really hard for me to believe that unless I saw it with my own eyes.
Nov 1, 2007 05:12
  • DODGER
So it looks like it could be hand bags at ten paces the way that this thread is developing Girls.
I am just glad that I am watching not fighting.
But I am sorry I have never been treated like a God. Mind you, I have a face only a Mother could love.
Dodger.
Nov 1, 2007 09:14
Thinking about it I did attract attention from women even though I was with my girlfriend, I think she was a little upset but didn't say anything, I would let her know I only had eyes for her, so she was happy again.
Dodger if you have a face that a mother could love, how come your new wife married you? I'm only kidding mate, as I no you were too.
Alan.
Nov 1, 2007 16:07
  • JCNILE123
Leonardo I will answer you,
I just have been very busy these days.
Nov 2, 2007 05:49
  • DODGER
Alan,
I was only joking about the face. I look good for a Bloke who is approaching 159 years old. I should be dead.
Just sorry I have never experienced the worship that Cng described.
Must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time...again.
Ok, I was with HWSBO but surly that wouldn’t haven’t made all of the differents.
Dodger.
Page 6 of 58    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why marry a Chinese girl?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code