Menu
Tourist Visa to US for Chinese fiance
Jun 29, 2013 02:59
GUEST67552 Some of you people are making this FAR too complicated..
Based on my experience and extensive work ... (and I cannot guarantee ANYTHING)
This WORKS AND is FULLY legal << but it takes time.
1st--you NEED to meet her at least ONE TIME guys !! (and you should anyway honestly) make sure to take PICTURES and NO ..NONE of this is illegal !!!!!!!lol my GOD
2nd--It is NOT illegal to meet a Chinese woman with the HOPE of getting married later
but do not become officially engaged YET, you need to meet her and see how it goes
AND the easiest way is to meet her in CHINA, but she can come to the usa LEGALLY but it's hard for her to get that Visa (remember, she IS planning to return---a marriage in the usa at that point would be ILLEGAL anyway and REMAIN illegal after that marriage as you would be harboring an illegal alien among other crimes)
3rd--K-1 K-1 K-1 <<< how many times do I need to say it guys?? K-1 !!!!
You LEGALLY can APPLY for a >> K-1 << which can send her to the USA for YES .. a LEGAL MARRIAGE !! Then, you can LEGALLY apply there for her citizenship ...
My GOD guys .. how many of us does it take to figure this out LOL
If you have a decent lawyer (and probably don't need one but I would recommend it) and fit the requirements (and PICTURES OF YOU TOGETHER ARE USUALLY EXPECTED) see other reqs.
your chances are quite good for the k-1 but it will take TIME.
That's IT <<< ! DONE and fully LEGAL.
Jun 29, 2013 03:09
GUEST67552 If you live in the usa, the way to do it IS: (based on my extensive research)
You MEET her at least ONE TIME in person (with pictures) and it will probably need to be in CHINA.
---Then, you apply for a >> K-1 << .. this is how it is done legally and probably the most likely way of success too.
Period!
Why would you get married to her in CHINA? For what reason? Now you are married there...and many people say: "so what" ...
You need the k-1 and if that does not work .. and you are rich enough and determined enough, you can THEN go to China (again) and get married and try it that way but that is NOT the best way to start. Once you do that, you might have lost other options you could have tried first!!
Jun 29, 2013 07:28
GUEST67552 Hey Thomas,
Maybe by now you have learned more but again I'll say it:
You need to file for a K-1 but in most cases that will NOT work unless you have met her at least once (most likely you'll need to go to China to do that, or meet her near there.. unlikely she'll get to the usa except for education but you'll need to send her back until you filed for a k-1 anyway to be legal as I understand it) soooooooooooooooo....
once again... meet her and take pictures...
make sure you meet all K-1 requirements (look them up online) and then FILE for a K-1 for her to come to the USA to marry you. If you marry her in America you can then file later in America, for her citizenship and unless you're lying about things, it will all be legal (but a good lawyer helps with hold-ups in my opinion).
Good Luck ...
Mar 3, 2014 00:55
GUEST05175 my chinese girl wants to visit me for three weeks what type of visa does she need to come to the US
Mar 3, 2014 08:03
GUEST92131
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST05175

my chinese girl wants to visit me for three weeks what type of visa does she need to come to the US

If you read other posts, you quickly realize that she has very little or no chance to get a visitor's visa.

The way to bring her here is through K-1.
Sep 16, 2014 09:31
GUEST18846 Hi,

Can a Chinese citizen and a US citizen get married in another country like Vietnam, Korea, or Japan and then apply for the marriage visa through a local US consulate in China or one of these before-mentioned countries?

Would the marriage be considered valid in China and the US for purposes of obtaining a marriage visa to the US for the Chinese citizen? Would the Chinese citizen still need to show her Hukou registry for the US marriage visa? The problem is that the family controls the hukou registry, so if they won't give it to her, she won't be able to get married in China and won't be able to apply for a fiance' visa, I understand. Can she bypass this obstacle by marrying in another country?

sincerely,

Charles
Sep 16, 2014 20:44
GUEST5684 GUEST18846,

For the first question, you may contact US embassy in China to confrm whether you can apply for marriage certificate from US embassy or consulate.

How to contact US embassy for US citizen service.
Fax:(86-10) 8531-3300
Email:state.gov|BeijingACS

If you want your marriage to be valid in China, you'd better get the marriage certifcate from local civil affairs bureau. If you plan to take her into US, you need to apply for her K1 visa (fiance visa) for her. I found the relationed requirements and it doesn't specify that her Hukou is needed. Please read this page for more details:
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#6

It seems that her family doesn't approve your relationship. Otherwise, they wouldn't refuse to give her Hukou. I think you both may do your best to ask their permission.
Sep 17, 2014 09:06
GUEST18846 Thank you,

Yes, we plan to request their permission, but one parent could be an obstacle, so we are concerned about the options. It's an imperfect world. The K-1 says that showing residency since 16 years of age is required. I think this is typically with the hukou. Not sure. Do you know?

Getting married in Vietnam is not possible without the Chinese parents' permission or hukou, I read. Probably the same in Thailand. I wonder about Japan or Korea, but I could not find this information. I definitely advocate for appeasing parents, but sometimes that's impossible with an unreasonable parent, for example.

sincerely,

Charles
Sep 17, 2014 20:41
GUEST5684 GUEST5684,

I am not a pro. I already gave you contact information of US embassy. You should contact them to confirm what documents are needed for applying for K-1 and whether Chinese people's Hukou is required.

By the way, is your GF just 16 years old? If she is 16 years old, it's impossible to get married with her in China because she hasn't reached the legal age for marriage which is 20 years old. And I think that's why one of her parents don't agree.
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tourist Visa to US for Chinese fiance
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code