Menu
How do Chinese women see laowai
Dec 16, 2007 11:13
  • JCNILE123
In general, agreeing with you, I say yes to all of your opinions about this issue.
Long as, we, can focus on the cultural part of the issue, in relation to the Chinese woman or culture it self.
Rather than antagonizing the other side, and without a fair and open mind, be judgmental about the other ladies and or persons that are more open minded or capable of understanding something else, with out abandoning previously held beliefs or loyalties to the most cherish values of certain culture.

In China’s large cities, I saw a lot of young people on a public display of emotions, some times stronger than in any western country, are this kid’s insecure?, are this kid’s renegade’s of the cultural Chinese traditions?, or you think they are immoral?.
Or, are we, sailing against the wind, and more interested on traditions that focus more on what the other people may said, rather than what is the quest for happiness and equal opportunity?

As I can read, there is a desire to call names the woman that has some gray mass and freely takes a way out of the old school version of what is, male world dominance and intimidation, (feminism, liberalism, and other reputation tarnishing terms and names).

Of course, if I see a woman (girl) and a man (boy) kissing and lost on the middle of time square in Hong Kong, or New York, I will thing that some bolts are missing.
If I see them having sex, I will call police, not because they are having sex, but because it is the wrong public place to have sex.
Dec 16, 2007 11:14
  • JCNILE123
Sexual acts are not public acts, but private acts, be it Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, New York or the must remote village in China.

Some of the puritan western ambassadors of morality are confuse between culture, immorality and the purity of love.
At the same time, I do not scorn them; after all, unlike the Chinese culture, what is a western culture? But, an individual’s right to be whatever he/she wants to be.

Unlike some of you western people in this forum that are more Chinese than the Chinese people it self, China it is not my country home and never will be, China is my neighbors home country and so I must respect it as I visit and become their guest.
I have a Chinese girl friend, and she will become my wife and will be her husband.
I have dated her for more than two years; and yes, she is a very conservative and traditional Chinese person.
Rest assure that if I walk down the street with her in Guangzhou, Beijing, Hong Kong, or any place on earth and she wants to hold my hand and or kiss me, I never will reject her for the sake of you or any one there at the moment.
In fact, she kisses me often, holds my hand all the time, (all the time) some times drops her arm over my shoulder as we walk, we have travel to the villages and to the most cosmopolitan cities in China, Hong Kong included, and never have we experience a sign of non-acceptance in China.
It is more possible to hear something derogatory in and from the people of the USA or Europe than from the people in China.

Quote, (((People on the bus in Nanning talked about my gal and I being husband and wife even though we were just standing next to each other.)))

Maybe there is something else to it?
Dec 16, 2007 16:38
  • GRIZ326
>>>Unlike some of you western people in this forum that are more Chinese than the Chinese people it self...

An interesting dig; or maybe an unfounded leap to a conclusion.

>>>Quote, (((People on the bus in Nanning talked about my gal and I being husband and wife even though we were just standing next to each other.)))
>>>Maybe there is something else to it?

If there were something else to it I would not know, my Chinese is not that good.
Dec 16, 2007 17:38
  • JCNILE123
He, he, if you read in to some pages back on this forum, you can sees it.
I notice some people go far as to dress as Chinese and more.

About you quotation,
Perhaps, as we learn more about the Chinese language, we can understand their culture best, can you agree?
Dec 16, 2007 19:48
  • SHESGOTTOBE
When I was in Beijing, I’ve seen a lot of young couples everywhere kissing and fondling each other in public, in broad daylight. I was the one who was embarrassed. LOL!

My poor eyes! O_o

Hmm… I should have taken some pictures. They probably wouldn’t have noticed anyway since they were so “busy”. ^_^”
Dec 26, 2007 06:56
GUEST22817 I am a chinese living in GuanZhou. i know it's common to call foreigner guilao here but nothing mean deragatory like what you said. just a little tease. Lao is the way to call men. people who is tall we would call gaolao(tall man), if fat we call feilao. so please do misunderstand guilao as i have some foreign friends. they are very good people but we also call guilao have nothing contempt. so please dont misunderstand the meaning of guilao. if you want to say deragatory yanguizi maybe have a little bit that means. as we call japanese guizi.
Feb 22, 2008 01:33
GUESTCURIOUS??? I was wondering if some one could tell me about chinese woman and kissing...Is it something that traditional chinese woman do, or is it generaly something they do not??? There is a reason I ask...
Mar 1, 2008 17:40
  • TIGERPAUL
My Taiwanese gf doesnt mind when I walk the streets of Taipei, or sit on the MRT with her holding her hands. Or have my arm around her.

In public although i would give her small kisses on her face, maybe little ones on the lips, I would never engage in the sort of tonsil tennis I used to get up to in my teens. And thats in England too, the reason is we are both 33 not 14. It is just a bit embarrassing, get some privacy!

What bothers me a little is the fact that people stare so much at her because she is with me, a foriegner. The stare seems to be born out of ill feeling, and I put this down to racism.

In the old days in England, white girls that dated black men were sneered at like this. I have also had this problem when I've dated Indian girls back at home. Though it really wound me up when I was younger, nowadays I just make concious effort to ignore it.

Water off a ducks back....... if I am smiling and my girlfriend is smiling, then I am happy.
Sep 18, 2008 18:18
  • ALOSTDIAMOND
Oh my god...jajaja what some people will say when they will realize not all the caucasian are so white like saxon?
i will be a super Guilao?
anyway is normal in more rural areas people are more reserved showing their "feelings" you do not need to go so far....
Go in the center or Madrid and nobody will care if you are giving your gf 1000 kisses...
do that in the deepest little town of Andalucia and with some of the friends of the family around in the street and probably you will
receive some comments from the parents of the girl (and i am not sure if will be good comments!)
Sep 26, 2008 07:49
  • SONIA1985
I saw lot of chinese girl hand in hand with their foreigner boyfriend...............
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do Chinese women see laowai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code