Menu
Ten easiest sentences in Chinese!
May 6, 2008 03:44
  • ZOEY
Here are ten easiest sentences in Chinese. For beginners, it is useful. Just master them.

No.1 你好! Hello! When greeting each other, we usually say 你好!

No.2 再见! Byebye! When departing, we say 再见!

No.3 谢谢/不客气 Thank you!/You are welcome. If someone give you some help, you can say 谢谢 and he/she usually says 不客气 or 没事.

No.4 对不起/没关系 Sorry!/It doesn't matter. Here is an example:
A: 对不起,我不小心把你借给我的笔弄坏了。Sorry, the pen that I borrowed from you was broken.
B 没关系。It doesn't matter.
No.5 请问 Excuse me Example:
A: 请问,去西安火车站怎么走? Excuse me, can you tell me how to go to Xi'an Railway Station?
B: 你可以在马路对面坐608路公交车在终点站下车后往前走500米就到了. You can take N0.608 city bus at the other side of the road, get off at the terminal and walk about 500 meters and then you will see Xi'an Railway Station.

No.6 好,行 Ok, sure, fine, good etc. Example:
A: 下班后一起吃饭,如何?Shall we have dinner after work?
B: Sure/Ok.

No.7 干杯 Cheers! Some Chinese people sometimes say "Bottom up". Can you understand it? Example:
A: 我提议为我们的友谊干杯. I wish to propose a toast to our friendship.
B: 干杯! Cheers!

No.8 怎么样?How about? Example:
A: 来杯啤酒如何?How about a mug of beer?
B: 好吧 Ok.

No.9 我不知道 I don't know.
A:你知道他从哪里来吗?Do you know where he comes from?
B:我不知道. I don't know.

No.10 我听不懂 I didn't get it.
A: 对不起,我听不懂。请慢点讲!Sorrry, I didn't get it. Plese speak slowly!
May 6, 2008 08:08
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey Zoey,
Appreciate the trouble you've gone to here but remember that most of us foreigners cannot read Hanzi and since this is and oral lesson, we need to see it in Pinyin to be able to read it and remember it

Thanks
J

I can only read some of this because I have been learning the characters and the content is out there to see.
May 6, 2008 10:13
  • GRIZ326
I always enjoy these posts Zoey. I have Wenlin so that I can look up the Chinese characters, but many people do not have that tool. Still, I wouldn't enjoy your posts nearly as much if they were only in pinyin. I like trying to learn the characters.
May 6, 2008 20:46
  • ZOEY
Sorry, Jabarootoo. I just ignore that many foreigners can't understand the characters. Here are the ten sentences in Pinyin.

Griz, is Wenlin a dictionary? Why not introduce it to us? I think that many members here will appreciate your help very much if you can introduce it to them.

No.1 你(nǐ)好(hǎo)! Hello! When greeting each other, we usually say 你好!

No.2 再(zài)见(jiàn)! Byebye! When departing, we say 再见!

No.3 谢谢/不客气(xiè xiè bù kè qì) Thank you!/You are welcome. If someone give you some help, you can say 谢谢 and he/she usually says 不客气 or 没事(méi shì).

No.4 对不起/没关系(duì bu qǐ méi guān xi) Sorry!/It doesn't matter. Here is an example:
A: 对不起(duì bu qǐ),我不小心把你借给我的笔弄坏了(wǒ bù xiǎo xīn bǎ nǐ jiè gěi wǒ de bǐ nòng huài le)。Sorry, the pen that I borrowed from you was broken.
B 没关系(méi guān xi)。It doesn't matter.
No.5 请问(qǐng wèn) Excuse me Example:
A: 请问(qǐng wèn),去西安火车站怎么走(qù xī ān huǒ chē zhàn zěn me zǒu)? Excuse me, can you tell me how to go to Xi'an Railway Station?
B: 你可以在马路对面坐608路公交车在终点站下车后往前走500米就到了( nǐ kě yǐ zài mǎ lù duì miàn zuò 608 lù gōng jiāo chē zài zhōng diǎn zhàn xià chē hòu wǎng qián zǒu 500 mǐ jiù dào le). You can take N0.608 city bus at the other side of the road, get off at the terminal and walk about 500 meters and then you will see Xi'an Railway Station.

No.6 好,行(hǎo xing) Ok, sure, fine, good etc. Example:
A: 下班后一起吃饭,如何(xià bān hòu yì qǐ chī fàn rú hé)?Shall we have dinner after work?
B: Sure/Ok.

No.7 干杯(gan 1 bēi) Cheers! Some Chinese people sometimes say "Bottom up". Can you understand it? Example:
A: 我提议为我们的友谊干杯(wǒ tí yì wéi wǒ men de yǒu yì gan 1 bēi). I wish to propose a toast to our friendship.
B: 干杯(gan 1 bēi)! Cheers!

No.8 怎么样(zěnyāoyàng)?How about? Example:
A: 来杯啤酒如何(lái bēi pí jiǔ rú hé)?How about a mug of beer?
B: 好吧(hǎo ba) Ok.

No.9 我不知道(wǒ bù zhī dào) I don't know.
A:你知道他从哪里来吗(nǐ zhī dào tā cóng nǎ li lái ma)?Do you know where he comes from?
B:我不知道(wǒ bù zhī dào). I don't know.

No.10 我听不懂(wǒ tīng bù dǒng) I didn't get it.
A: 对不起,我听不懂(duì bu qǐ wǒ tīng bù dǒng)。请慢点讲(qǐng màn diǎn jiǎng)!Sorrry, I didn't get it. Plese speak slowly!

May 21, 2008 10:26
  • MUDDIEDKNEES
Thanks, Zoey. Some of the longer sentences are not very easy. I guess I really need to study more...
May 22, 2008 04:11
  • ZOEY
Muddie, many foreign friends think that Chinese is really difficult to learn, especially Chinese characters. Thoese characters are really complicated. However, it is not difficult to speak Chinese. I saw many foreigners who can speak fluently but can't write very well. Just try to learn more and it is useful since you have lived in China.
Post a Reply to: Ten easiest sentences in Chinese!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code