Menu
if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Sep 20, 2008 00:35
  • LIONPOWER
Little learning is dangerous thing.
Learning about Islam and passed 30 years, did not learn more than a droop of water. So how can I tell the people my self decision, except to follow the Quran, and Hadith.

Only one general decision in my mind, 1429 years have passed, No change in Quranic and Hadith speech. Mainly I studied in scientific topics, 1428 years ago how he (Muhammad sm) told these topic when science was too poor. Now new invention surprised us, scientist is now discovering words of Quran not full sentence.(Read study in NASA).

And second decision in my mind like computer, Pentium i, ii , iii or iv -- Pentium iv is the latest version. As per Quranic sayings, Old and new testament are the old version and Quran is the latest and final version.. I have faith on it as, old days Holy books comes from God on any problem on the earth with a Prophet. Too many problems on the earth and 1428 years have passed, no Holy book coming from God with Prophet. I will preserved this faith until a Prophet coming with a Holy book to destroy my this faith.

I am able to write a book anti-religious. Is it will destroy the religion? Answer is-- No- never. I have strong faith on it. Flies jump on the fire to destroy them self, not to destroy the fire.

I have write before, if any body wishes to learn more and have any question go -- www.peacetv.in and they have many related web site to learn. http://www.irf.net/ irf/ orators/ index.htm

I am too poor and week, no way too fight with any--- ?
Sep 20, 2008 07:56
  • SETH
Lionpower - I have no quarrel with you. I have read your posts and find you to be articulate and intelligent.

My concern is based on current events and reading the news. As Dodger said, we don't see Christians or Jews or Budhists kiliing each other and other people.

Generalizations are wrong, I know, but overwhelming evidence is hard to ignore.
Sep 20, 2008 10:42
  • CANDON
I can't claim to have even minimal knowledge about Islam but several encounters in my life since 911 opened my eyes to how little I know about it and how many incorrect stereotypes and myths there are.

One was an interview between a Bishop, Rabbi and Imam on TV just after 911 about the evolution of religions. Another was talks at lunch in Calgary with the muslim owner of the restaurant from Asia (one of the kindest gentlest people you could meet who opened my eyes to other views than the brutal events seen on the evening news) . Another was a taxi ride with a Palestinian driver in Edmonton who lost his house in Paletine (history says the winners of wars gain the spoils but we don't often hear the years of pain such as this guy who looked across the valley his whole life to see others in his family's home while he lived in a hovel). And last was in Lagos talking with people from three tribes, one of whom was from the Muslim tribe in the north.

These encounters left me wondering if there is much misunderstanding due to ignorance of history combined with evolution of religions. Going back in history...Christians, Jews and Mulims are all sons of Abraham but each is evolving on their own. Going back in time Christianity and Judaism had brutal times where power and political goals usurped the religions' spiritual goals. Islam is one of the great religions of the world. But I wonder if it may be at a stage in its maturation where the believers must decide whether it becomes an even greater spiritual religion of gentle and loving followers or whether it will be allowed to be hijacked by extremist political interests with much more visible and violent goals, which suppress not only their foes but also their bretherin. Christianity as a conversionary religion includes the histroy of many who would give their lives to gain converts and land, often brutally. Not much different to some in Islam now. Not sure either of them reflect the more spiritual gentler loving side of either religion.
Sep 20, 2008 16:52
  • MARRIE
Three major religions are from same origin. But Jewish consider them selves the real and the most excellent citizens of GOD. Christian became popular in lower class society because it promotes everybody is equal in front of GOD. Unfortunately, relgions escalated conflits in terms of Chritian and Muslims killing jewish in WWII and today's Israel is hostilely surround by Islamic arabian countries.

I live in an immigrant country and working in the enviroment with co-workers with multi-religions. Islam is conducting fasting now. They are nice and I like them and they are cooperating well with christian co-workers and me who believe in Buddha.
Sep 21, 2008 02:18
  • WANHU
I am trying to learn more about religions but mostly from books and discussions due to time constraints. During my youth I studied sanskrit and tamil and most of the words are almost forgotten. In Buddism there is "catvari aryasatyani" and the 8 right paths (to attain wisdom ethical conduct and mental development). I also studied Hinduism, Jainism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, so that I can respect what each person's belief. Seth has done a good homework about apostacy in Islam, and it gives a scary feeling that when a person leaves Islam, he will be executed. No where in the Koran mentions such a punishment, but this is what the majority of the Arab Muslims believed. Musaylamah the Liar was executed not because he became unbeliever but because he waged war against the Caliph and the Muslims. When disbelieve and "ridda" are defined under the same connotation, then the laypersons will be confused. I agree with LP that little learning is indeed dangerous thus I want to know more.

Like Candon stated that 9/11 incident has opened many eyes about Islam. Some even are tumultous to Muslims due to internal or personal hatred while some become more gentle. They choose what they want, and in youtube I saw a man spitted and stomped on the Koran, the so-called the holy book of Islam. Alarmingly, more people in the "West" are accepting Islam through their studies and observations, while some African born Muslims are crossing over to Christianity. That is the life vthey choose and we can accept. People believe in Christianity will propagate their believe to others, so are Muslims and other religious believers. I truly appreciate how we discuss and debate over such sensitive issues, and never meant to hurt others. Keep it up.
Sep 26, 2008 07:35
  • SONIA1985
It 's coming more and more complicating....
Sep 30, 2008 18:33
  • WANHU
It is not really complicating, seek and you shall find.
Oct 3, 2008 02:09
GUESTHINK In this case, FREEDOM more than anything else. Because Islam is the least embraceable of religions; it enslaves female in general. But...

IF the moslem husband is of British, Australian (or Western democratic country) citizenship, the relationship between a muslim and non-muslim could be made to work. I say this because muslim men who are citizens in the West do have non-muslim wives; the men themselves are NOT practising muslims although born, brought up as muslims.

Unless, your friend's boyfriend is one modern liberal 'muslim', I would NOT get involve with this person - if not, she would regret the kind of life she would be expected to lead as a muslim female. Trust me, in most countries in Asia, Middle East, and Africa, muslim females are enslaved - the Islam religion is very restrictive.
Oct 4, 2008 12:56
  • AZIZAH
After reading all the articles in this thread, allow me to share what I have gone through as a Muslim that married to a Muslim husband. Before marrying him, I knew very little about Islam, except mostly from books. He shared with me about the creator and the created, about the needs to serve, to please our creator. Before, I have no objective in life except freedom through my own interpretations. I embraced Islam not because I wanted to marry him, but because simply I believe in the Almighty, and marrying him is an added bonus in my life. He told me it is the responsibility of a husband to provide shelter, clothes and food thus he cooks for me, he washs dishes, and sometimes I share housework with him. He teaches me how to pray, how to be kind to others. My two other sisters, one in LA married to a Scottish Muslim and another in London married to a Jewish-German Muslim. They are indeed practising Muslims.

My family was from a Wong family from Hainan and now I am residing in Malaysia, operating an Islamic kindergarten. It is true Islam restricts things, well there are many restrictions in this world such as I cannot go any countries as I like without having a passport, I can't go to Australia without having a visa but these are some of the restrictions I have to agree. In Islam I found that some of the restrictions prescribed are to test my belief in the Almighty, how I adhere to His advocates. When I embraced Islam, I still wore skirts, I didn't cover my head but gradually I started to feel the changes in me, not because to make my husband feel happy, but to make myself happy to serve the Almighty for giving me life, for providing me a good and kind husband, and blessing me with 6 children. There are of course things practised by Muslims which are not Islamic but these so called Muslims use to mar the image of Islam under the name of God, to take lives, to wage wars, etc. These injustices committed not only happen in Islam but also in other religions, some people tend to intrepret religions according to their whims and fancies.

I am not a learned person nor an authority in Islam, but I really found peace, freedom and tranquility in it, it moves me to tears and ecstacy, it makes me understand more about humanity, to accept differences, not to hate others because we differ. If anyone wants to know more about what I have gone through in my journey in searching my objective and goal of life you may contact me at: hotmail.com|tadikaislam. Thank you.
Oct 5, 2008 08:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Little learning is dangerous thing.
Learning about Islam and passed 30 years, did not learn more than a droop of water. So how can I tell the people my self decision, except to follow the Quran, and Hadith."

Lion, I am trying to understand you. How much learning is not dangerous? At what point will it not become a dangerous thing? So if you studied Islam for 30 years and still have not learned a lot, does that mean you are following Islam without knowing what it is? This is not to argue or anything. I`m trying to make sense of it. If the only essence if to believe in God, then it doesn`t matter what religion it is.
Page 10 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code