Menu
if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Apr 9, 2009 23:15
GUESTRONNY i will embrace the religion so i can continue loving her
Apr 13, 2009 00:58
  • SONIA1985
Hi all, Sonia and LP. you're not going to end this topic like this, don't you?

Sonia, what's the reason that your friend was broken up with that muslim guy? can you tell us?

in my country, there are so many chinese girl that married with muslim guy and what was happend with them? Nothing!
they are so happy...

Hi,Niko,,the reason that made them broken up is very easy,it's just because of that my frined don't agree with muslim religion,and of course she can;t accept it,she can't agree with whatever muslim do,whatever muslim think,,,and the man can bear that his girlfriend is not a muslim....

Apr 15, 2009 16:54
  • WANHU
Can't accept whatever a Muslim does, whatever a Muslim thinks maybe due to her attitude and understanding about Islam. A Muslim like LP may want to help her sick mom, or send her mom to the hospital and she can't accept it because he is being a Muslim? Probably she hates the religion (not only can't accept Islam).
Wan
Apr 18, 2009 20:17
GUEST85212 islam is a way of life.Islam means peace.We don't ever promote humilation,criminal, and all bad things to people.Islam give proper and complete guide to life in this world.if U love your boyfriend/girlfriend......don't just marry because of them.....if you do...you will simply embrace Islam without try to have the intention.Try to learn about islam first.Asking the right teacher,people.
Apr 29, 2009 10:50
GUEST14148 Hi, My name is Mohammed Yaseen and I come from Saudi Arabia. It's a country of peace, generosity and loyalty...I have read all the views about religion shouldn't be a barrier between two love birds..well, if you look at logically, it wouldn't hurt for the girl or the guy to accept the religion of righteousness.

People, before you could judge anyone or anything, I suggest that you read about Islam and then mark your words...I also suggest that you read about other religions too and compare... With all due respect towards chinese people, I think it's time that you realise the facts of true life and choose the path to live in...

I hope my message didn't hurt anyone's feelings...I say, " Relgion should always come first because it is your international identity and teaches you what you know not...!"
Apr 30, 2009 19:28
  • DODGER
Here is an extract from an article from today’s London Times.
The religious leaders in Saudi Arabia seem to think this is perfectly acceptable.
An eight-year-old girl in Saudi Arabia has won a divorce from her 50-year-old husband at the third attempt.
The girl, who has not been named and who has been living with her mother in the city of Onaiza, was given to the older man in marriage by her father to pay off a debt. Neither his wife nor the child were told that the marriage had taken place.
A previous judge, Sheikh Habib al-Habib, refused twice to annul the marriage but said that he would look again at the case when the child reached puberty. He had also imposed a condition that the marriage should not be consummated until the girl reached puberty. The case was dismissed because the judge said that the girl’s mother did not have the right to file for divorce on her behalf.
Abdullah al-Jeteli, the lawyer for the girl, said that he had reached an out-of-court settlement enabling the divorce to go ahead. The case has reopened the debate in Saudi Arabia on whether a minimum age for marriage should be introduced. After the first two petitions failed, the Saudi newspaper columnist Amal al-Zahid wrote: “The trafficking of child brides — a most reactionary practice that takes us back to the days of concubines [and] slave girls” should be outlawed. She added that the country was incurring “behavioral abnormalities and problems of which only Allah knows”.Human rights groups in Saudi Arabia and abroad have condemned the practice of child marriages. The divorce rate in Saudi Arabia has risen from 25 per cent to 60 per cent in the past two decades. Ann Veneman, director of Unicef, said: “Unicef joins many in voicing concern that child marriage contravenes accepted international standards of human rights.”
Dodger.
Apr 30, 2009 22:25
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

After the first two petitions failed, the Saudi newspaper columnist Amal al-Zahid wrote: “The trafficking of child brides — a most reactionary practice that takes us back to the days of concubines [and] slave girls” should be outlawed. She added that the country was incurring “behavioral abnormalities and problems of which only Allah knows”.

Concubines and slave girls were rampantly practised by the Arabs in the pre-Islamic era and this practise seems diffificult for them to eradicate. As established and accepted by the British, there are customary and common laws to be adhered to. N.H. Chan, the former Court of Appeal judge of Malaysia used to say "A long time ago when I was a High Court judge, I have sentenced many criminals to death without qualms. But personally I am against the death sentence because it is barbaric. But as a judge I must apply the law as it is." I do believe that the mother has no locus standi thus her request was rejected.

Wan
May 1, 2009 04:21
GUEST666 a British-born Pakistani Muslim man who has never been to Pakistan, fell in love with my cousin sister (ethnic Chinese Singaporean), married her and emigrated to Australia - they have 5 beautiful children today. He does not go to mosques, nor follow the religion, she, a Catholic, has never converted to Islam nor does she wants or need to.

Solution: go to a society where religion/society is not an issue to a couple relationship.

What's your problem?
May 1, 2009 13:15
GUESTGUESTFR... hi,

Well let me say something as iam chinese (taoism) living in Indonesia, country with most muslim population. I dont against any religion as islam sometimes teach some good morals also. I did met and date lots of muslim. But for longer term wih a muslim, its diffrent. Its just that we (non muslim) have to sacrifice more and i dont think it is worth it.

I am a very submissive ones, and i dont mind having a dominant hubby in my life, but in islam, its seem not enough. It could be years from now when we are getting older and become more unattractive, He still can look for 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives and we are only have 2 options... accept it or prepared to get talak 3 (divorced) and we cant see our children. Its just too much for me. I know man from other belief also can do that, but what i cant accept .. it is considered normal/not a sin in islam.

I do have many muslim friends/ even date some muslim... and i still want to keep my friendship with them. But to take a long term step, i just feel its not rite, there are so many laws taht i personally believe its not rite.

Love is not just about feeling, its so stupid. In this 21st century, woman have to think more than depends on their feeling.

May 2, 2009 02:22
  • AZIZAH
My sister from Indonesia, I share the same thought with you. Before I accepted Islam and then later married to my present husband, I felt the same as you. I always feel I would be short-changed by Islamic laws especially about marriage. He can marry four wives and won't care for me anymore, and that's a great gamble I have to make. Then a thought striked me that if I marry someone else, could I assure that he won't have girlfriends or mistresses? I have seen also many of my friends also got divorced and never saw their children and they were not Muslims.

Marriage is based on trust, care and shared responsibility. Thus, marrying him is really a blessing, he guides me to understand more about my misundertanding of Islam. My husband shows me that Islam allows marrying to four wives if a husband able to be just, and if he thinks he can't be fair, the Quran says only marry one. There are a lot of personal interpretations about Islam which I always keep a distance. I find solace in communicating with Allah during my night prayers. My personal opinion is, if you want to embrace Islam because you love someone, please do rethink but if you think you embrace Islam because of marrying him so that he can teach and guide you how to submit yourself before the Almighty, then by all means, do so.

Life is so beautiful when both of us share and learn how to submit ouselves to God, thanking Him for things He has given to us.
Page 15 of 26    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: if you fall in love with a muslim when you are not,what will you do?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code