Menu
Forum announcement: members beware of hidden tricks
Feb 22, 2010 17:15
  • WLK1965
Personally speaking, of course. I have a much easier time understanding accents when they are spoken by females. No disrespect intended. As always, it only takes a few bad apples and there will always be a few of them in every barrel.
Jun 23, 2010 11:21
GUEST21521 nice point... in traveling people must be wise and cautious...we have the freedom and the right to choose...we just need to be responsible with our every act
Aug 1, 2010 21:07
  • BUDYSIE
I agree 100% with Lionpower. I am new to this community. but I felt that looking for female interpreter is always presumed negatively. What's wrong if we want female interpreter ? isn't it our right to choose women other than men ? this is merely personal judgement, for instance : female interpreter is more honest, fun to be with, etc. so please let us choose and let the interpreter choose us. many thanks
Aug 10, 2010 18:14
  • ROMIO
Helloo !

I would like to thank you for the updated notice from this forum admins.

It is a right of the page's admin to warn the page users to avoid hassle before hand to protect and serve the needy users of this page. I see the morals behind the up fronted announcement has a very sincere and ethical reason to publicize the announcement

I think people who do not understand the matters can go back to school to learn a bit as it was said "Meanwhile, we don’t mean to paint all those who want to find travel companions of opposite sex with the same brush. We believe that a marority of our members have a moral standard. "

NOt a moderator :D
Dec 21, 2010 03:06
  • HERBEAT
I still don't understand what's the sense to do that. I'm sure the members who use this web are adults and they know very well what they want. So everyone can have the choice to say what they want and the ones who reply must have their own judgement too. No more knows better than myself what I want. Same to the companion seekers and providers.

And I'm with you LP. We have our own right to choose whatever we want. And it doesn't have to mean anything more than that at all. Some people may be silly and want to force their own value and judgement to others. Well, feel free to do that and I'll always keep my right to laugh at you.

If a dad want to find a female nanny for her very young kid because of their caringness, I guess people won't say anything with disagreement. And when a dad want a female guide or interpreter or companion (with probably the same reason that female are more caring), people who don't have anything else to do in their life would just come out and make loads of bullshit...
May 10, 2012 23:12
  • AIMEELIU1
It is good to announce possible risks and very responsible moderators.

The thing is if there is an add about hiring interpreter, but the employer turns out to be looking for sex, then could we set up a system?

Such as by flagging the add or putting a tag beside the add, such as"questionable" as well as "supported" like many Chinese websites do.
May 11, 2012 07:30
  • WANHU
Just share experience and inform others about the hidden and other tricks. To guide, just meet your would-be employer in the open area, and never go to his room. If meeting in the hotel, meet in the hotel lobby. After every guide performed, immediately ask for payment. You can't change people's attitude and they would try their cunning way and find every opportunity to solicit.
Wan
May 13, 2012 01:12
Wan,

There is a need, there is a supply. Some tour guides might like to do this job. It's a fast way to make money.
May 14, 2012 15:06
  • WANHU
Yes, Keynesian economic theory, demand and supply.
Wan
May 14, 2012 21:48
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Yes, Keynesian economic theory, demand and supply.
Wan

That's why some foreigners require their tour guides or translators to send them CV attached with photos. Photos are important. You know what I mean.

I feel pity for those who make money with their bodies. But it is their choices.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Forum announcement: members beware of hidden tricks
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code