Menu
What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Nov 27, 2008 00:33
  • JIMMYB
Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I am expecting it for a long time. The news said that it had been shown on screen in Oct. However, I didn't get a chance to watch it. In all, there are 52 episodes. The reason why I am expecting it is that Romance of the Three Kingdoms are co-made by China and Japan. SHE, you might get a chance to watch it. According to the news, it might be broadcasted in 13 countries including US, England, France and Italy.

Nov 27, 2008 00:43
  • JIMMYB
My current favourite anime---Qin Shi Ming Yue. It is altered from a Kungfu novel, which has something to do with Jing Ke's son. SHE, do you know Jing Ke? He tried to assassinate Emperor Qin Shihuang but failed. Qin Shi Ming Yue mainly talks about the story of Jing Tianming (Jing Ke's son). By the way, it is said to be the first 3D anime made by Chinese (Don't know if it is true but it is worth watching).

As far as I know, Qin Shi Ming Yue will be divided to 5 or 6 parts. Each part is 20 or 22 episodes. So far, two parts have been released and I have watched both. The third part is said to be released next year.

Nov 27, 2008 21:03
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I watched Kungfu Panda on the plane on the way to Hongkong. I like the graphics. I’d give it 10 out of 10 on graphics but the story is so-so although I like the funny antics. I laughed so hard when he tried to use a bamboo to propel him and it snapped right back at him.

The Calabash Brothers has some cute characters. They look like babies. LOL!

Most Japanese animes have never been released in the West. However, many anime fans translated them. They are called fansubs and you can usually download them. Maybe some fans also translated the Chinese animations and I can download them somewhere.
Nov 27, 2008 21:15
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I researched Romance of the Three Kingdoms. There is a review here: http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=889
But I think this is not the same one you are talking about because it was aired in the 90's and it's already finished. The graphics is also 90ish.
You can also watch it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PentanEzDcY
If that link doesn't work, try searchin for Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I think all the episodes are there. The audio is Japanese with English subtitles. I'll probably watch it over the weekend.

If by any chance you find the Chinese version with English subtitles, please let me know.
Nov 27, 2008 21:23
  • ZOEY
OMG, you are a crazy fan of animes, Jimmyb. I am wondering how old you are. Anyway, you have a young and innocent heart.

SHE, you can try Monkey King Making Havoc in Heaven and Ne Zha Stirs Up the Sea. There are no lines in these two movies.
Nov 27, 2008 21:28
  • SHESGOTTOBE
JimmyB, can you tell me if this is Qin Shi Ming Yue? I think it is also called Qin's Moon. The animation is CGI, like the ones used in console gaming but the picture you posted has the style of a Korean manwha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeVovs9B0SE
Nov 27, 2008 21:31
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"SHE, you can try Monkey King Making Havoc in Heaven and Ne Zha Stirs Up the Sea. There are no lines in these two movies."

Thank you for the recommendation, Zoey. I try to watch as much animes as I can because it is one of my interests. And even if I don't end up liking an anime, I still would have watched it at least once. ^_^
Nov 28, 2008 00:15
  • JIMMYB
SHEGOTTOBE, it is said that the serials of Kungfu Panda will be released next year. The director and some other staff came to Sichuan for a visit. There they had close contact with real pandas. In the serials, the stories about the Furious Five will be unveiled. Sounds good, right?

The Calabash Brothers was very popular when I was a child. Until now, it is shown on screen from time to time.

In China, there are many voluntary and warm hearted anime fans. They translated many Japanese animes, American movies and TV serials for Chinese anime fans. For instance, the Prince of Tennis and Bleach are translated by them. The 24 Hours is my favourite American TV serials.
Nov 28, 2008 00:30
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTTOBE, I watched the video you offered. What you have found is not the Romance of the Three Kingdoms I talked about. Its Chinese name is 三国志 (San 1 Guo 2 Zhi 4), not San 1 Guo 2 Yan 3 Yi 4 (the Romance of the Three Kingdoms ). I don't know if it was introduced to China. If I found it, I would tell you.

Qin's Moon is what I called Qin Shi Ming Yue. Thanks to those fansubs, you can enjoy watching it. Don't forget to tell me if you like it or not. I know that it is not as good as American 3D animes. But it is made by Chinese. I am glad to see that Chinese guys can make this on their own.
Nov 28, 2008 00:34
  • JIMMYB
Zoey, I am not a child, hehe. But I have a young heart like those kids. I belong to 1980s generation.
Page 8 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code