Menu
What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Nov 29, 2008 22:51
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I watched Episodes 1 & 2 of Qin’s Moon (Qin Shi Ming Yue). Those are the only episodes released so far, is that right? Very good story and I particularly like the setting during the feudal era when China was not yet the China we know today. The emperor was in the process of trying to unify the various nations, in a violent way. LOL! I’m not so sure anymore but… I think Qin is the old name for China? Is he the same emperor who wants to live forever? He even consumed some mercury thinking it could make him live longer. I think he wasn’t a very nice person but I think he’s also the one who standardized the Chinese language so that all territories would use one common language and even measurements. Not sure, I probably mixed up the history. Is he the one who was buried covered in jade? Of course, animations are not historically accurate. I am just trying to make some connections.

I like the story and the characters. Hmm… from what I understand, Tian Ming is not his son. He was an orphan adopted by an elderly couple who died in a fire. He became a homeless street kid whom he adopted. That, or something got lost in translation. I like the action scenes. I’m not so fond of the graphics though but the story and characters more than made up for it. It has a very philosophical way of storytelling that made it so serious, but the kids gave some lightheartedness and funny moments to the story.

So… how long do they usually release new episodes? ^_^”
Nov 30, 2008 22:16
  • JIMMYB
Yes, so far only two episodes have been released: Bai Bu Fei Jian and Ye Jin Tian Ming. You have watched them all?

As for Emperor Qinshihuang, he was a tyrant in my eyes. He did use violent ways to unify the whole China. But he has done something good. As you said, he standardized the Chinese language and weights and measures. In Qin's Moon, you could see that Emperor Qinshihuang was a tyrant. He tried his best to kill Jing Ke's son and Ge Nie, a swordman who saved Tian Ming. He thought that they would menace his reign. He tried to find elixir but failed. The legend said that he sent some people to seek elixir overseas but those guys he sent didn't come back. They settled overseas. Do you know who they were? It is said that they were the ancestor of Japanese.

Emperor Qinshihuang built a very big and magnificent mausoleum for himself. Until now, his mausoleum hasn'e been explored. It is said that he lies on a boat in the river of mercury. Above his head is the man-made sky, very vivid. Just story. No one has proved this. But his mausoleum contains much mercury. This has been proved.

SHE, Tian Ming isn't the son of Ge Nie, that brave swordman who holds Yuan Hong (a sword). Yuan Hong was orignally held by Jing Ke, Tian Ming's father. After Jing Ke failed to assassinate Emperor Qinshihuang, his sword went to Ge Nie's hands. Do you know how killed Jing Ke? In Qing's Moon, it is Ge Nie who killed Jing Ke. When Jing Ke tried to kill Emperor Qinshihuang, Ge Nie was a guard of the Emperor. So he should protect the Emperor. These hasn't been revealed in the first two episodes. At the beginning of Qin's moon, Ge Nie has already betrayed the Emperor. He finds Tian Ming and tries his best to protect him. Unluckily, Ge Nie was killed by Tian Ming in the second episodes. Do you notice this, SHESGOTTOBE? Tian Ming was spelled by that witch. His destiny was controlled by her. At the end of the second episodes, Yue'er was caught by that witch and Ge Nie was killed by Tian Ming.

SHESGOTTOBE, what do you think of Duan Murong, that girl who saved Ge Nie's life? She loved Ge Nie but didn't tell him. She died too earlier. Without saying anything to Ge Nie, she died in his arms.

So… how long do they usually release new episodes? ^_^”

I don't know either. I visited the offcial website and it didn't say it. What I know is that Zhu Zi Bai Jia, the third episodes will be shown next year. But I don't know the exact date.
Nov 30, 2008 23:22
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I have heard of his mausoleum. I think it was built under a hill. The ceiling looks like the sky at night, with twinking stars, some say probably a reflection of the mercury down below.

JimmyB, looks like I am missing some episodes. I don't recall watching anything about a witch or Ge Nie dying or him killing Tian Ming's father. I also do not know anything about a girl who saved his life and died. The only girl I've seen was that girl with snakes. *confused*

Here are the episodes I watched. Let me know if I am missing some:
Part 1/3 of Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeVovs9B0SE
Part 2/3 of Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NESiKaC5h0
Part 3/3 of Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT_iIhXV8bc

Part 1/3 of Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubdVOT56Nw
Part 2/3 of Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si_Ot78uapw
Part 3/3 of Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyGaXuh2yvI

Dec 1, 2008 03:29
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTTOBE, there are many girls in Qin's Moon. I am puzzled why you only just saw one girl. Wait! You just watched two episodes? Which part? Bai Bu Fei Jian or Ye Jin Tian Ming?

This is the girl you have seen. Chi Lian with snakes surrounded her waist.

Dec 1, 2008 03:35
  • JIMMYB
This is that witch I referred. Her name is Yue Shen (God of Moon).

Dec 1, 2008 03:42
  • JIMMYB
From left to right, they are Duan Murong, Gao Yue and Xue Nv.

Duan Murong is a doctor. She has promised Gao Yue's mother to protect her. However, she died for Ge Nie.

Gao Yue: the princess of Yan (a country). Her father was killed by Wei Zhuang. Her mother died later when she was young.

Xue Nv: she looks beautiful, doesn't she? Her weapon is the flute. When she blows the flute, the snow will fall. She attacks the enemy by the sound of the flute and the snow.

Dec 1, 2008 03:44
  • JIMMYB
I haven't found the pictures of Li Ji (Tian Ming's mother) and Gao Yue's mother. I saw them somewhere but couldn't find them now. Both look beautiful, hehe.
Dec 1, 2008 19:53
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTTOBE, I watched those two episodes. They are the first two episodes in the Bai Bu Fei Jian (the first part). Those girls I referred haven't appeared yet. By the way, my friend told me that Qin's Moon might have been released overseas. Maybe you can buy them.
Dec 1, 2008 20:39
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Oh, so there is a second part? I only watched the first part? Hmm... is the second part also released? If so, I wonder why it's not on youtube. I'll try searching for more.

By the way, here is another anime I remember I watched a few years ago. It's called Gensomaden Saiyuki.

From wiki:
Plot
Saiyuki is the story of four anti-heroes: the monk Genjyo Sanzo (or just "Sanzo"), the monkey demon Son Goku, the half-demon Sha Gojyo, and the man turned demon Cho Hakkai (formerly known as Cho Gonou). They have been dispatched by the Sanbutsushin (the Three Aspects of Buddha, who relay the orders of heaven) to travel to India to stop the possible resurrection of the Bull-Demon-King, Gyumaoh. Along the way they are beset by inept assassins, bad weather, and their own tragic personal pasts. Meanwhile, the villains, two unlikely confidants, Gyokumen Koushou (Gyumaoh's concubine, a demon) and a mad scientist, Dr. Ni Jianyi (a human), continue their attempts to restore the long-dead king. These experiments, a forbidden mixture of science and magic, spawn the "Minus Wave", infecting all of the demons in Shangri-La with madness, shattering the fragile peace that once existed between humans and demons.

Dec 2, 2008 21:14
  • JIMMYB
SHESGOTOTBE, I searched Qin's Moon in Youtube. It seems that there are only two episodes of Bai Bu Fei Jian. Perhaps, the guy who uploaded them are busy with adding English subtitles to the other episodes. You can try to contact that guy who uploaded the first two episodes. Maybe, he/she can share you the rest episodes.

As for Gensomaden Saiyuki, I didn't hear that before. Is it similar to Journey to the West?
Page 9 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What's your favorite animated movie(s)?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code