Menu
What does Santa Claus look like?
Dec 8, 2009 04:34
  • DODGER
Yolanda, last Christmas was a little quite for me here as I don’t go to bars and stuff, but as I have 62 pandas at a small school to the east of Beijing I decided take over and show them just some of the traditional things that happen at this time of the year.
So I’ve bought a tree with light and decorations and placed it at the school.
I’ve also purchased 62 presents for 28 boys and 34 girls.
My Wife’s assistant is wrapping them up as I type this note.
So come Christmas day, Santa, or as he is called where I come from, Father Christmas will appear with a Ho, Ho, Ho and hand out presents.
The wholesale market I use is just passed the 2nd ring road going west, 3 roads up from the main drag. Rare to see foreigners there as there are no brands, but lots of market traders from out of town.
Negotiating for tangible goods is fairly straight forward, it’s negotiating for intangible product (at the time) that is the most difficult.
I find just smiling a lot and calling myself an idiot in Chinese usually works, if not I use the “barking dog” or the “Kow Tow “close. They never fail.
Dodger.
Dec 8, 2009 22:14
GUESTHOHOHO
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARAGORN View Post

Christmas is the most significant festival for the western folks, right? So far as I know, Christmas is widely celebrated in the world. Canada, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand. It is celebrated in the same time November. The problem is: November is very cold in North Hemisphere (UK, Canada, USA, etc.), while it is hot in the South Hemisphere( New...

Jimmy Chan, a 44-year-old man from Hong Kong has been crowned the number one Santa in this year's World's Best Santa Contest. The annual event was held in Sweden as part of the Snöyran winter festival. The specific location was Gaellivare, a small town approximately 100 km from the Arctic Circle.

Chan beat out eight other competitors from around the world for the title of "Number One Santa." Contestants had to take part in tasks such as chimney climbing, porridge eating, reindeer racing, and gift wrapping. The whole experience was authentic in the -20 degree setting of Gaellivare.

Dec 9, 2009 01:27
  • HERBEAT
Hi Dodger, I think your "pandas" are some lucky potatoes. Not all Chinese students have the chance to get such a nice teacher(or someone else?) to prepare a lovely Christmas for them. They must enjoy that day very much!
A tree with light and decorations? That's one of my favourite things on Christmas. The environment with somefall and Christmas music would be fantastic... Hmmm....
And the Father Christmas! There were a Canadian professor when I was in college and he looks just like Father Christmas. And everytime we met him is kind of a Chritmas day. ^-^

I still don't get the exact locate of the wholesale market. Do you happen to know the name of that place? And it's still hard to believe the price you got... I don't mean I don't believe you but... That's a great price and I'm afraid I'll never get a price like this. And I can't imagine I tell that I'm an idiot in Chinese even though many people always find it's difficult to believe I'm a Chinese...
But hey, to the east of Beijing? I'm also live in the east, well, southeast...
Anyway, thank you very much for your information.
Cheers, Yolanda
Dec 9, 2009 04:20
  • DODGER
OK Yolanda, I’ve just asked one of Santa’s little helpers for the address of the market.
It’s on Fu Cheng men wai da, and called Tian Yi.
The suit really was 25 kuai. I didn’t work that hard to reduce the price as it is a wholesale market.
Cheers, Dodger.
Dec 9, 2009 05:19
  • HERBEAT
Thank you very much Dodger. I didn't mean to bother you asking the name... But thank you very much for you rinformation. I know 25 is true.
Just feel surprised that you could get a much much better price than I could... Cheers, Yolanda
Dec 9, 2009 14:54
GUESTGEUST200 these are fake i want to see his real pictures
Dec 11, 2009 11:35
GUEST14455 I don't think santa is real, but i have heard people have seen him!
Dec 15, 2009 04:41
GUEST48322 can u give me a picure of sant in new zealand please
Dec 15, 2009 14:57
GUESTSILVIA how do you know that
Dec 16, 2009 16:01
GUEST22106 no santa dose not look like that
Page 4 of 15    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What does Santa Claus look like?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code