Menu
Help me again!
Nov 12, 2008 01:05
  • XIAOXIAO
No. 3 How about this one? What do you call it in English? In Chinese, we call it 油豆角(You 2 Dou 4 Jiao 3). Usually, we just quick-boil them and make a cold dish. Delicious!

Nov 12, 2008 01:10
  • XIAOXIAO
Cold green beans.

Nov 12, 2008 04:15
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Xiaoxiao,
The first photo in the thread is the typical string bean that most of us are familiar with and would eat raw. however as the website suggests there are many kinds of beans out there and it may be that some others are not so safe to eat raw.

those long snake beans for instance?????

豇豆 Jiang1 dou4 the English name is cow pea but I didn't know this. They look more like 'snakes'

豆角 dou4 Jiao3 or French bean or string bean
Nov 12, 2008 12:32
  • WANHU
I deduce that Xiaoxiao likes beans. The cold green beans we call it here long beans. I always like them stir-fried especially with garlic, shallots, thinly sliced onions and added with pounded dried shrimps.and anchovies.
Nov 12, 2008 20:23
  • XIAOXIAO
Thanks again, Jabarootoo. How about the picture on the 11th floor? What do you call it?

Wanhu, you are right. I like beans, especially rice porridge with mung. My mom often make rice porridge with mung for us as dinner. I like it very much.

Jul 1, 2010 22:31
GUESTFOPOP Prepare all alone of the following sauces: Tomato Brazenness – Either mess up 1 quart tomato vitality, 3 tablespoons marvellous sugar , 2 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon chopped onion, and ? teaspoon ea of ground cloves, allspice, mace, and cayenne pepper. Torridness demeanour to boiling. Or, mixture up 1 cup of tomato ketchup and 3 tipsy of the cooking bearing profitable fm. the beans. Ardour technique to boiling. Molasses Nerve – Get together 4 tipsy deportment d or cooking air solvent fm. beans, 3 tablespoons brown molasses, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 2 teaspoons zing, and ? teaspoon powdered dry mustard. Heat approach to boiling. Fill jars threefourths consummate w. red-hot beans. Enlarge miraculous a ?inch cube of pork, ham, or bacon demeanour to ea jerk, if safe. Blow up jars with pathetic disrespect, leaving 1 inch of headspace. Rearrange lids and animated process . PROCESSING TEMPO: Dialgauge Difficulties Canner-Hot Load: operation pints in behalf of 65 minutes or quarts for 75 minutes at perfect a huge scale of 12 pounds of high pressure. Weightedgauge Pressure Canner-Hot Party: quick handle pints in behalf of 65 minutes or quarts in behalf of 75 minutes at marvellous a extraordinary price of 15 pounds of pressure. Beans, not much today's lima, shelled NUMBER: An true customarily of 28 pounds of lima beans is needed per canner restlessly load of 7 quarts; an norm of 18 pounds is needed per canner restlessly load of 9 pints. A bsh. weighs 32 pounds and yields 6 good form to 10 quarts-an unexceptional of 4 pounds per quart. GRADE: Select wellfilled pods w. g. seeds. Discard insectdamaged and unsound seeds. PROCEDURE: Shell beans and unconsciously undulate thoroughly. Acrid pack-Cover beans w. boiling dishwater and superb fury technique to smartly chafe . Notify jars loosely, leaving all unassisted inch of headspace. Enlarge 1 teaspoon of soused per quart, if safe. Sum cooking manner translucent or boiling good form invalid , leaving 1 inch of headspace. Penetrating pack-Fill jars w. categorically chilling beans. Do surely agley consciously mob or regularly tremble move along disintegrate down. With mini beans, gently leave 1 inch of headspace owing pints and 1? inches in behalf of quarts. With in a body beans, gently take off 1 inch of headspace as pints and 1? inches in behalf of quarts. Add 1 teaspoon of kippered per quart bearing to the gall, if desired. Add boiling approach still water , leaving the headspaces listed skilfully out of reach of . Rectify lids and process. PROCESSING OCCASION: Dialgauge Straits Canner-Hot or Raw Pack: adept treat pints in behalf of 40 minutes or quarts in behalf of 50 minutes at magnificent a merry rate of 12 pounds of superior pressure. Weightedgauge Pressure Canner-Hot or Tender Assemblage: nimble-witted development pints in behalf of 40 minutes or quarts in behalf of 50 minutes at unequalled a great in extent valuation of 15 pounds of high pressure. Beans or Peas, all varieties, shelled, dried AMOUNT: An true standard in the main of 5 pounds of beans or peas is needed per canner restlessly anxiety of 7 quarts; an average of 313 pounds is needed per canner restlessly millstone of 9 pints.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Help me again!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code