Menu
Can enter China with passport that will expire in 4 months?
Jan 29, 2009 18:05
guest02202 Hello, anyone has good information if one can travel from US to China with valid visa on passport that will expire in 4 months?

When visa was issued couple of months ago, passport had more than 6 months validity but visa has not been used still. Visa "enter before" date is still good for couple of more months.

This is urgent. Information or first hand experience will be appreciated very much.
Jan 30, 2009 00:37
GUEST02202 I forgot to clarify that I don't hold Chinese passport, will be travelling as a visitor.
Feb 3, 2009 16:14
  • APAULT
The requirement is that the passport must have 6 months validity when you apply, not when you arrive.
Jul 7, 2009 09:36
GUEST55828 Hello,

I am facing a very similar situation. Can you let me know if you were able to enter China successfully with your passport that would expire in 4 months?

Thanks a lot,

John
Jul 15, 2009 09:33
  • TURQUANZ
Hello Apault, I will get my Z visa next week, I want to know , Now my passport still 12 months valid, sure i can apply Z visa, but when i return to china go to the police station for residence permit they will check my passport validty? That time my passport will be less then 12 months valid, for one year residence permit need at least 1 year valid passport or? 6 months also acceptable?,, If NO Can i get 6 month residence permit first? Thanks for reply. I
Last edited by TURQUANZ: Jul 15, 2009 09:35
Jul 15, 2009 23:07
  • APAULT
Turquanz: You should not have a problem getting the residency permit because of the passport. If you obtain a new passport you will need to carry the old passport as it contains the visa/residency permit, and the new visa. If there is an issue, you should apply for a new passport from your consulate.

In general, I would recommend others in this situation to get a new passport before applying for a visa - I have just done this while at home in Australia though I have 7 years but only 4 pages remaining in my old passport.
Jul 16, 2009 08:07
  • TURQUANZ
Dear Apault, Thanks for prompt reply, my problem i can not obtain new passport or extend because ridiculous my homecountry laws. After i got residence permit , i can extend my passport 5 years. In case should not have problem.
Jul 21, 2009 18:51
GUEST48185 I'm a permanent resident in the US holding a Filipino passport. I have travelled to China last April with a visa and my passport, and now I have to go back to China both my china visa and philippine passport are expiring in less than 6months - October, could I still travel to China with less than 6months in my passport? Please help, I'm leaving next Tuesday and have not gotten any info on this

Kristine
Aug 6, 2009 16:34
GUEST03173 hello,my friend is overstay in china and wants to pay her overstay and settle with the immigration to give him 10 days visa to leave the country..question is,can he still go back using hes old passport with overstay record but settled in the immigration
Aug 16, 2009 00:34
  • APAULT
Last Guest

In my understanding it is up to the officer handling the application, you are not automatically excludded. The issue of it being the same passport should not make a difference, they should be able to connect a new passport to the old one.....unless you have dual citizenship and can get one from another nation.
Oct 13, 2009 02:58
GUEST56139 I hold a U.S. passport and have a Chinese residence permit which will expire on Nov. 14 and is ready for renewal. The question is that I am currently in U.S. for a surgery and will fly back to China on Nov 6. Will I have any problem at the customs upon arrival? My company will renew my work permit and residence permit as soon as I am there. I think I can only have them renewed while in China.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can enter China with passport that will expire in 4 months?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code