Menu
Nice girl in Guangzhou,China
Jan 27, 2010 01:49
  • LEILALOVE
Firstly, thanks WANHU and BOBERT for replying in my posting, but i would like both of you stop replying, no offensive. Any questions pls feel free to send me email to yahoo.cn|youyayiren
Secondly, this is not just an ADS, i want to make some friends from this forum.
Thirdly, i am a good guide or not , it depends on my customers.

Thanks
Jan 27, 2010 13:44
  • BOBERT
Well WANHU, it seems you and I are not allowed to comment here anymore. Apparently LEILALOVE will choose the type of people she want's a response from and we are not what she wants.
Jan 27, 2010 18:14
  • BOBERT
I think my first impression was the one I should have stuck with.
Last edited by BOBERT: Jan 27, 2010 18:14
Jan 28, 2010 02:25
  • WANHU
I never answer directly to her post, Bobert, just air my opinion while begging to differ. (I will try to be as civil as possible throughout my replies and postings).
Wan
Jan 28, 2010 02:31
  • WANHU
In forum sometimes we agree and sometimes we disagree, and we can't expect people to tailor our needs all the time. Especially in an open forum like TCG. We have to accept reality that people differ in opinion. With good sense of humour, we can participate and have hearty exchange of ideas and information.
Wan
Jan 28, 2010 03:19
  • BOBERT
There is nothing wrong with having or expressing a different opinion WANHU. The exchange of opinions and ideas is the reason most of us frequent this forum. To reject the right of anyone to make a comment here is supercilious. To refuse to even hear a differing opinon is arrogant. LEILALOVE has closed her mind. She says she wants to make some friends here but I doubt many will have any interest in such a biased one-dimensional relationship.
Jan 28, 2010 07:35
  • LEILALOVE
ok,whatever u may say ,i will keep silent.
it seems my post is becoming a debate.
only those people who has nothing to do except to make meaningless judement on others' stuff have this points of view.
everyone has their rights to choose what kind of friends they like, as for me , i like nice,kind,friendly, since im that kind of person.
U r right that all of us have the right to reply to other's post. i definitely agree, what i said in my last reply is, "i would like both of u stop posting on my post, i did not say that u dont have the right to post any more" .
Jan 28, 2010 13:51
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LEILALOVE

U r right that all of us have the right to reply to other's post. i definitely agree, what i said in my last reply is, "i would like both of u stop posting on my post, i did not say that u dont have the right to post any more" .

Considering that you agree WANHU and I have the right to make comments on your post, I considered continuing to exercise that right. Without controversy or dissent communication soon becomes dull. When I start a post I welcome all opinions but you are obviously more selective. There is nothing further here of interest to me so I will leave you alone to try to find some sycophantic "friends" as you wish. Enjoy the solitude.
Jan 28, 2010 14:19
  • BWINKS
Since this has become a debate rather than a friend/guide finder, i'm in!

I have to agree with Leilalove in that she was being simply giving an honest description of herself. While some of the words, such as gentle, could simply be an understandable translation error: instead of gentle she may have ment non-agressive, not strict. (Who would want an aggressive or strict tour guide?) ... By way of me mentioning this, i might also want to suggest the thread "What does sexy mean?" where one of our fellow ctg members (openly from china) has trouble grasping the "new age" meaning of sexy, herefore "new age" mean to refer to the more common by social standards, less litterally correct, meaning.

I also want to say that while i found it a bit entertaining that Bobert so boldly stated (what i thought originally was a joke):
"What possible relevance does being "cute and lovely" have to being a competent guide? Are you selling a guided tour...or yourself? "
was obviously taken offensively and should have been appologized for. There was no referance to "anything extra", "happy ending", "massage", etc. (...Would it have been so hard to ask these questions to her in private? Would it have been so difficult to simply send this as a private message or email?)

However Bobert continues by incorrectly AND arogantly impossing that leila "reject(ed) the right of anyone to make a comment... [and] ... refuse(d) to even hear a differing opinon.."

Leila did nothing wrong. She stated many things in her first post: she is looking for friends near guangzhou and is also willing to be a guide if one were to inquire. Inoccent by most standards. Her following posts only helped her clearify her innocence (from what she is being so falsely accused of) and plead for the opposing party to parle: "thanks WANHU and BOBERT for replying in my posting, but i would like both of you stop replying, no offensive." ... Obviously she didn't mean offence, she even says that! She even starts off by politely thanking bobert for replying to her post to begin with!" She even offers her own email address to them for continueing the (what maybe should have been) personal questions.

Her last post says it all... and i encourage bobert to read it again....

She sounds hurt... and wont even be speaking anymore on this thread cause of the hostilety showed towards her... I don't see the reason why you had to continue the harasment. There's no reason. Maybe an appology is in order.
Jan 28, 2010 18:41
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by BWINKS

Since this has become a debate rather than a friend/guide finder, i'm in! .

It appears you are the only one qualified to decide when a post becomes a debate. I should not comment untill you enter the fray, or I am invited. I would have thought the whole point of a discussion board was that everything posted here was debatable.

You have made several assumptions, unfortunatley mostly wrong. First, in fact I did send LEILALOVE a personal email but was similarly chastised in her response to it. Second, I never insinuated that "cute and lovely" was a euphamism for personal services as you suggested. I certainly never enunciated those services as you so salaciously just did. I simply said "cute and lovely" had no relevance to being a competent guide and the inference drawn by others could be unsavory.. Third, LEILALOVE "requested" that WANHU and myself post no further comments. I don't wish to argue semantics but I see little difference between a "request" for no comment and the outright "rejection" of a differing opinion. If this website is purley for advertising, as it seems you deemed it to be, then maybe YOU should not be making comment here either.

I owe her an apology? For what? For offering an opinion? For giving advice? LEILALOVEs post was written in English. Therefore it was intended to be read by foreigners.Where is the "hostility and harrassment" you accuse me of in pointing out that "cute and lovely" is not an appropriate way to advertise as a guide to foreigners? You have to be joking!

P.S. In deference to LEILALOVE and her earlier request, I will make no further comment on this thread.
Last edited by BOBERT: Jan 28, 2010 19:08
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Nice girl in Guangzhou,China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code