Menu
How to flirt or let with or let a Chinese man know you like him.
Mar 6, 2011 18:56
  • ENSERIA
So, I wasn't sure where to post this. The thing is, there is this Chinese man who works at a store I frequent. I really like him, I feel like he may like me too but he seems rather shy. He doesn't speak English well. He understands it very well. I'm not really trying to learn how to flirt in Chinese necessarily, but I don't want to be too aggressive. So if anyone, especially guys, can tell me the best way to approach this. We've never had a real conversation so I feel uncomfortable just straight out asking him for coffee but I also have this fear of making him super uncomfortable with me and like I said, I shop there a lot.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this and thank you to anyone, who answers for me.
Mar 7, 2011 02:58
  • LINGYUXISU
Maybe you could start with conversations, I mean you could talk more with him, about his name, the road, the thing you are going to buy,etc, suck kind of 'safe'topics. After you've got more familiar with each other, you could ask him out.
Mar 7, 2011 03:02
  • ENSERIA
I have been trying to talk to him more but for some reason (I noticed, only with me. That's I've seen anyway.) that when I talk to him, he seems like rushed. I almost feel like he's brushing me off but when I'm walking around the store, he's always watching me. Then, recently I went in with my male best friend, a couple days in a row. The first day, he kind of acted like I didn't exist and when I asked him how he was, he kind of mumbled his answer. The next day, when we bumped into each other in the aisle, he smiled but as he came toward me, he saw my friend and then he turned his face away and just walked past us slowly.

It makes me want to explain, but I have no reason to explain to him since we're virtually strangers. But yeah, a friend of mine says I should try asking questions that shouldn't be able to be answered in a word or two.
Mar 7, 2011 03:46
  • LINGYUXISU
He acted really like a teenager boy in love, so immature, but cute. I totally agree with your friend about asking questions cannot be answered in a few words. It will 'force' him to talk with you. Your friend is better at it than me:)
Mar 7, 2011 19:21
GUEST3864 He must have feelings for you. See, he was unhappy when you were with other male friends. He is passive but sensitive. You might be the first one to break the ice. Or you should find someone (better find his friend) to help you. You can ask his friend to find out if he has feelings for you.
Mar 12, 2011 21:18
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST3864

He must have feelings for you. See, he was unhappy when you were with other male friends. He is passive but sensitive. You might be the first one to break the ice. Or you should find someone (better find his friend) to help you. You can ask his friend to find out if he has feelings for you.

It's good to bribe some of his friends. You can know whether he has some feelings for you. If you are sure about this, you may take the first step. Do not wait him to express his feelings for you. It is hard for such a guy like him.
Mar 24, 2011 04:26
  • MOMOCHONG1
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENSERIA View Post

So, I wasn't sure where to post this. The thing is, there is this Chinese man who works at a store I frequent. I really like him, I feel like he may like me too but he seems rather shy. He doesn't speak English well. He understands it very well. I'm not really trying to learn how to flirt in Chinese necessarily, but I don't want to be too ...

You have to express' your feelings or love ' to him directly if you really love him. Chinese men are very straightforward in expressing love. You can invite her for a dinner or walking in a park..
Mar 24, 2011 16:58
GUESTENSERIA Thanks for all the comments. I'm going to ask him for help and try striking up a conversation again with him and see how things go from there. If everything goes well, I will ask him.
May 6, 2011 00:23
GUEST28193 Thanks for this post. I too like a Chinese man and wasn't sure how to approach him. For months we just smiled at each other and waved from across the room. I would make small talk with him on some occasions and he seemed very pleased. I finally got the nerve to ask for his phone number because I needed some information about school. We talked on the phone and it was great. I offered to have conversation in English with him to help him improve if he wanted to. He seemed very happy about that. In an email later, he said he hopes to meet with me as soon as possible (those were his words) in an email. I'm still not sure if that means he likes me romantically or not. He doesn't act like a shy schoolboy, but he always passes by my area where I am and he's always looking and smiling, but I had to make the first move. Did I do the right thing?
May 8, 2011 21:48
GUESTENSERIA
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST28193 View Post

Thanks for this post. I too like a Chinese man and wasn't sure how to approach him. For months we just smiled at each other and waved from across the room. I would make small talk with him on some occasions and he seemed very pleased. I finally got the nerve to ask for his phone number because I needed some information about school. We talked on t...

It didn't really work out with me and my Chinese guy but you guys seem to progress a lot better than I did.
May 11, 2011 09:48
  • GEORGECOMBEY
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENSERIA View Post

So, I wasn't sure where to post this. The thing is, there is this Chinese man who works at a store I frequent. I really like him, I feel like he may like me too but he seems rather shy. He doesn't speak English well. He understands it very well. I'm not really trying to learn how to flirt in Chinese necessarily, but I don't want to be too ...

Tell him frankly that you are attracted to him.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to flirt or let with or let a Chinese man know you like him.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code