Menu
Why are Chinese girls so skinny and slim?
Jun 19, 2011 01:18
I've been to China several times and I have noticed that most Chinese girls are very slim/skinny compared with girls from European countries and the US.

How can they be so skinny? Don't they have meals all day? I am very confused.

This girl appears many times on TV programs or advertisements. Honestly, she attracts my attention. When I first saw her, I was very surprised. I didn't believe that there was such a girl in the world. Does she suffer from malnutrition?

Jun 19, 2011 18:30
GUEST12982 No, they don't suffer from malnutrition. People who suffer from malnutrition develop a big belly.
It's just their diet and DNA, plus constant activity and physical exercise: walking, climbing stairs, bicycling.
Fact is that obesity is creeping up among kids in China, due to lack of activity (sitting watching TV, play video games, use the computer for hours), driving cars and increasing western fast food diet.
Jun 20, 2011 02:52
  • XIAOXIAO
Lifecontinued,

She is an extreme example. Her name is Chen Luyu, a famous TV hostess in China. She is too thin and I am afraid that she migh fall down in a gale. And most slim girls don't eat meat. Vegetables and fruits are their favorites.

GUEST12982,

You are so right. Chinese kids are getting fatter and fatter. They are really lack of activities. Some even can not pass the physical exercises examination.
Jun 20, 2011 22:25
  • LINGYUXISU
I think it's because of her working pressure. She was not so skinny before. See the picture:

Jun 26, 2011 03:32
GUEST3768 Because they don't have supper. Some of my colleagues told me this and they were skinny.
Jul 3, 2011 02:57
  • BBQQ
Because of the diets. Chinese people eat more vegetables and less meat while westerners eat more meat than vegetables. The meats produce fats. If you don't do enough exercises, you will increase weight easily.
Apr 2, 2024 23:53
GUEST69192 We eat rice and fish more and we tend to steam our food.
Post a Reply to: Why are Chinese girls so skinny and slim?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code