Menu
Happy Birthday to you, Roger!
Aug 8, 2011 04:33
  • KEVIN0518
Happy Birthday to You, Roger! How time flies!You are already 30 now. In the past, you have claimed 16 grand slam champions, entered the semi-finals of the grand slam 23 times and quarter-finals 29 times. Great achievements!

As your fan, I hope you can win more grand slam champions in the future though some people may lose faith in you because they think you are getting older.

Aug 9, 2011 03:49
  • DREAMLIFE
I am not a tennis fan but I know this guy. Wish that he could win more grand slams. Sampras won two grand slams after his 30. Come on, Roger! At least, you can tie his record.
Aug 16, 2011 02:33
  • KEVIN0518
Well, his birthday didn't bring him good luck at the Rogers Cup. He was defeated by Tsonga again after the Wimbledon Grand Slam. What's wrong, Roger?
Aug 21, 2011 21:57
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by KEVIN0518

Well, his birthday didn't bring him good luck at the Rogers Cup. He was defeated by Tsonga again after the Wimbledon Grand Slam. What's wrong, Roger?

I don't know what happened to Roger. Federer hasn't won any title for a long time. He also failed at Cincinnati Western & Southern Open. Finally, Murray won the champion after Djokovic withdrew from the final.

On women's side, Sharapova defeated Jankovic and claimed the title, the second champion in this season.
Aug 27, 2011 00:11
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by DREAMLIFE

I am not a tennis fan but I know this guy. Wish that he could win more grand slams. Sampras won two grand slams after his 30. Come on, Roger! At least, you can tie his record.

Actually Sampras only won one more slam after he turned 30.
And that wasn't a record.
For example Agassi won two slams after he turned 30.

But the biggest record of all is held by Federer; 16 grand slams.
He has nothing left to prove now really.

Anything that he wins now is pure gravy.
I personally think that if he doesn't win another slam this year or next year, the latest, he will retire.

At this stage of his career, only slams and the Olympics matter to him.

If he doesn't win the U.S. Open in the next two weeks, it will be two years since his last slam.

It would also be the first time in almost 10 years that he would not have at least one slam per year.

I hope Federer can win a slam in the next year, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Aug 27, 2011 03:12
  • DREAMLIFE
Thanks for your lesson, Canadaguy.

Some experts predict that Federer can not enter the semin-final of the US Open this year. What do you think?

By the way, I believe that he can at least one grand slam before he retires. And I wouldn't bet my house on it too.
Aug 27, 2011 18:58
  • CANADAGUY
Quote:

Originally Posted by DREAMLIFE

Thanks for your lesson, Canadaguy.

Some experts predict that Federer can not enter the semin-final of the US Open this year. What do you think?

By the way, I believe that he can at least one grand slam before he retires. And I wouldn't bet my house on it too.

Although I have now lowered my expectations for Federer overall, I am still one of his biggest fans.

I think it is quite possible that Federer will make it to the semi-final this U.S. Open.

I think his biggest challenge getting there will be Tomic, should he make it to the third round.
Tomic is a very promising talent living in Australia now.

Yes I think Federer could possibly win at least one more slam before he retires, but he would need to have some degree of luck for this to happen (other top seeds losing early, etc.).

Aug 29, 2011 22:12
  • KEVIN0518
Yes I think Federer could possibly win at least one more slam before he retires, but he would need to have some degree of luck for this to happen (other top seeds losing early, etc.).

I am with you, Canadaguy. He won the 2009 French Open after Robin Soderling kicked Nadal out. He was lucky.
Sep 14, 2011 02:03
  • LONETOMS6
This is very good results, continue refueling
Post a Reply to: Happy Birthday to you, Roger!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code