Wedding car or hearse?
Oct 9, 2013 01:35
  • CHERRY07
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 1 vote(s)
  3. 2 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
If you join a modern Chinese wedding ceremony, you will find some luxurious wedding cars. Why do they rent or hire wedding cars? The groom has to pick up his wife from her home. Of course he can’t go there and fetch here on foot. Therefore, a fleet of cars are rented. For ordinary weddings, BMW, Mercedes-Benz or Audi are frequently rented. For luxurious weddings, Porsche, Bugatti and other sports cars are used.

Have you ever seen hearses hired for the wedding? A Taoist in Taiwan rents six hearses to pick up his wife. Actually his wife came up with this idea.
Oct 16, 2013 22:34
GUEST9054 It's up to you, Cherry. Hearse is not auspicious. I think I won't have the courage to try the hearse.
Nov 11, 2013 08:30
  • WANHU
Hearse denotes sadness while wedding is to celebrate with happiness.
Wan
Nov 12, 2013 01:18
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Hearse denotes sadness while wedding is to celebrate with happiness.
Wan

What if use both at the wedding? Sadness is carried away and happiness arrives.....
Nov 23, 2013 17:51
  • WANHU
Probably like wearing black during your wedding day, signifies a day of mourning. For me nothing depicts its true meaning, it's only mere interpretation by certain humans. A hearse is still a car that can be used as transport, black and white do not portray bad image. I am just trying to visualise the traditional Chinese thinking where they follow the traditional ancient culture.
Wan
Nov 27, 2013 00:14
  • CHERRY07
Yes, I am a Chinese and I abide by the traditions. I never let a hearse appear on my wedding day. It's not an auspicious sign.
Nov 27, 2013 07:11
  • WANHU
It reminds me of a trader who wanted to make a quick profit, by bringing in coffins to the shop. The people were angry with him but couldn't di anything because he rented the shop there too. As a Chinese he knew it's a taboo to sell coffin in the shopping complex. After much persuasions, he got paid by both the owner and other tenants.
Wan
Nov 27, 2013 21:28
  • CHERRY07
Wan,

He was actually a smart trader. A comb is meaningless to the monks. However, it can bring money to the monks if they sell the combs to the belivers who come to worship in the temple.
Nov 30, 2013 13:42
  • WANHU
Monks don't sell things, especially combs. Haha.
Wan
Post a Reply to: Wedding car or hearse?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code