Menu
First Overseas Trip - What Do I Need
Jul 13, 2015 12:15
  • CHYNAWHITE
I plan on taking a trip to Hong Kong in mid November. I have never traveled overseas so I am trying to get some advice as to what exactly I need in order to facilitate this trip.

I already started the process to get my passport. Once I get the passport, do I need to get a Visa? If so, what are the exact steps I need to take to get it? Is there any other information or suggestions I need to make sure my vacation is as pleasant and memorable as possible?
Jul 13, 2015 21:59
GUEST567789 CHYNAWHITE, people from certain countries enjoy visa exemption in HK. Can you tell where you are from? If so, I can help you find out whether you are required to apply for a visa or not.

When you process your passport, I think you should spare some time reading travelogues written by other travellers. Therefore, you can get some travel tips for HK trips.
Jul 15, 2015 06:49
  • CHYNAWHITE
Thank you very much. I am in the United States (New York).
Jul 18, 2015 16:19
  • NICOLAUS
I would suggest you to have some local cash. Not every place takes credit cards. Especially important places like trains or buses.
Jul 20, 2015 14:26
  • WANHU
As a US citizen you don't need a visa to visit HK. You'll be given 90 day-stay. Arriving HKIA it would better if you could purchase Octopus travel card which you can use for bus and train. If you want to travel cheap take bus, and Octopus card has discounts. At the airport, inquire at the info counter, the persons manning it will be ever willing to assist you. You can change to HKD in US or at the HKIA but of course it would be very steep. Better change a little in your country and later you can change at the money changer in Kowloon. From my experience, Chungking Mansion provides a lot of money changers at competitive price, Just look around.
Wan
Dec 6, 2015 23:16
GUEST20785 Hi my family and I will be staying at Skycity Marriott Hotel. Is it a central place and will it be easy for us to travel around from there to get the best of Hong Kong in 8 days? Also, is there any catholic church around the hotel area?

What should I not miss doing while I am in Hong Kong? Looking forward to responses to help my on this trip.

Thank you
Post a Reply to: First Overseas Trip - What Do I Need
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code