• Transportation(0)
  • Shopping(1)
  • Nightlife(1)
  • Warnings or Dangers(0)
  • Misc(0)
Page 2 of 2          < Previous Next > Page:

A Janpanese cuisine restaurant to avoid
CONNY129 | Xi'an | 7/29/2005 4:36:44 PM

I have no interest in Japanese food anyway,but several friends of mine recommend a Japanese cuisine restaurant called Jiu Bing Wei in Heping Road.Dissent effectless ,I had to follow them to have a buffet dinner there.
The fee is 48 yuan per person if you don't order sashimi,or else each person should pay 68 yuan. It sounds a resonable price (Japanese food is always expensive),actually , what we can order is limited .Despite the price and service,as far as taste is concerned ,Japanese cuisine should be lite ,but what we taste is only salty.Except sushi ,I can't find any other good dishes ,but the sushi ,is compared with the others to be good ,not really excellent.
We had no appetite to swallow the unsavory dishes ,so we decide to go away and asked for the bill ,guess ,what happened ?The servant told us we should eat up all the dishes we ordered ,otherwise ,we had to pay more for the leftover .At the end,we payed extra 20 yuan for two unsavoury dishes ,and the servant miscalculated the bill (we surely have no possibility to pay less),when we found the mistake,we almost wearied of patience.
Oh,What a unpleasant experience!So if you really enjoy the Japanese cuisine ,go to Roppongi ,No.12 in the South Street Xi'an,south of the KaiYuan Shopping Mall,easy to find , it is not bad indeed.

Porridge King
CONNY129 | Xi'an | 7/14/2005 6:06:10 PM

Just as its name implies ,this restaurant mainly serve porridge.You can find all kinds of porridge there,such as fruit ,cereal,seafood,meat ,bean and so on .They are tasty and nutritious.
Except porridge ,they also serve many local snacks, exquisite dishes,very goluptious and mouthwatering :)
It is on No.111, Jianguo Road ,and opens 24 hours .The price is reasonable ,actually lower than the same rank restaurants.I like it very much ,hope you will enjoy it too.

gunshi pub
CONNY129 | Xi'an | 6/15/2005 11:05:03 AM

Gunshi pub is on the HePing Road ,it's very near by the HePing Gate.It is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy a different atmosphere. There are different shows in different months and the styles are various,you will fill exciting,leisure,comfortable and joyance there.The price there is almost the same in any other pubs and you can order a bottle of beer with ice and enjoy the cool and performance,all of this just cost you 20 yuan.Isn't it worthy?

"across-the-bridge" noodles
CONNY129 | Xi'an | 5/31/2005 9:57:59 AM

Do you like Yunnan traditional flavor--"across-the-bridge" noodles?The Jiang Brothers chain of restaurants are known for serving the best "across-the-bridge" noodles in the local place and it also has branch restaurant in Xi'an in the Anban Street which is near by the Tangcheng Mansion.
The decoration there is full of ethnic flavor,hanging a lot of tie-dyeing pictures with various patterns --very beautiful and attractive,wooden tables and seats as if you are in the rain forest.
The "across-the-bridge" noodles they serverd is quite delicious and the chicken soup is cooked in peculiar way which taste goluptious.The price is not high there ,worthy to go :)

Hai Di Lao hot-pot
CONNY129 | Xi'an | 5/26/2005 5:41:46 PM

There are many restaurants deal in hot-pot in xi'an, and Hai Di lao hot-pot is one of them.I strongly recommend it because it has good taste and top-ranking sevices.The waitor and waitress are passionate and polite , the soup is very delicious and the dishes are quite fresh,foremost,it's not expensive there.I believe you will enjoy it greatly.It's near Big Wild Goose Pogoda square,and you'd better engage a seat.

Page 2 of 2          < Previous Next > Page: