Love Chongqing

Written by Apr 21, 2004 10:04
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

In summer, 2003

I have been to Chongqing several times, taken by my father. We were just busy with our business affairs each time. No time to visit it at all. So each time when I left Chongqing at the railway station, there was a deep pity in my heart. In my eyes, Chongqing is the ideal place where I really want to stay, though it is not very large. In 2003, I went there as a real visitor, accompanied by my boyfriend. That was summer. It was really very hot in Chongqing. However, both of us were excited.
What a happy and romantic thing that two lovers stay in a strange city, far away from home, and care about each other.
It took us about 7 hours to get Chongqing by train. When we got out of the station, we must take a very high lift to get to the center of the city. Because the city was standing on the mountain. It was really a high and long lift. Standing on it and looking down might make you feel dizzy and a little scary. This was truly the highest lift I had seen before.
In the center of the city, I found somewhere it was not very easy to find a bus station. The street was zigzag, not straight. It was completely different from the street in Xi'an. Though we had a city map on our hand, we still didn't know where to go and which bus we should take. Later, we didn't take bus, just walked forward. It was a kind of joy of life, we thought. Fortunately, thanks to the map, we were easy to get the right place-- the monument of liberation. It was a very tall stone monument. Maybe this was the representative of Chongqing. So we took some photos with the monument. This was the real center of the city. There were so many people. And the buildings there were very tall and magnificent! I felt I seemed involved in a deep gorge. People passing through in front of us appeared hurry. Yes, I thought Chongqing was a small Hongkong. Indeed!
In the afternoon, we just went to the zoo. We took bus. It was terriblely hot on the bus. People were fanning themselves. I found everyone took a fan along!
After one hour, we got the zoo. We had a good time in it. We entered a place, fake dinosaurs scattering here and there. Very horrible! Then we visited pandas and took photos with a lovely panda eating bamboo......
In all, the zoo was very large, we didn't go every corner. But we were very happy!
I think the zoo is a good place travelers should go. And Chongqing is a good city. If you want to visit it in summer, you'd better take a fan along.
Chongqing, I love you! I'll come back some day.

More Chongqing Travel Reviews
1. My husband and I completed a Chongqing to Wuhan cruise aboard the East Queen... BARBARA from US Apr 1, 2004 13:04
Comments (1)

Mar 10, 2006 05:58 Reply

JABAROOTOO said:

Just clarifying the 'lift' comment here. While there is in fact a lift above the Qi Chu Men (gate)next to the Chongqing Daily's offices just off Xinhua Lu what is referred to here is in fact an escalator from Liang Lu Kou Cai Yuan ba, home of the train and central bus station. It is the longest escalator in Asia and yes you can feel dizzy going down.

Have you been back to CQ since??????

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.