Dunhuang

Written by Nov 12, 2004 15:11
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

the City of Dunhuang

Dunhuang is an ideal place. Apart from those well known attractions, such as the Mogao Grottoes, Anxi Yulin Grottoes, Han Dynasty Great Wall and desert, etc, the city itself is lovely. Nostalgic. This is the first word I could think of when looking back at my trip there 3 years ago. The city is an ordinary town with its own charm. The red leaves, the blue sky, bright sunlight and cold wind. Strolling along the streets, I could think of nothing or anything. Peace was filled in my heart. The busy night market provides a lot of delicacies as well as venue for locals, who enjoy leisure life rhythm. Beef noodle here is superior, delicious and suitable for the cold weather.
One thing amazing is that every morning news will be broadcast through public megaphone, taking us back to one or two decade before.
This is a city one needs to feel with heart not just eyes. As the fox told the Little Prince, one can see only what is essential by looking with the heart. The stars are beautiful, because of a flower that cannot be seen.
Maybe one day I will go to Dunhuang again, without sightseeing but just live as the locals.

More Dunhuang Travel Reviews
1. Dunhuang's Hotspots DENNIS Oct 5, 2004 12:10
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.