Two-day Travel in Hangzhou (With some travel tips) 

Written by Sep 28, 2010 03:39
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I’ve read many tour reviews of Hangzhou before taking my trip, here I want to share my experience with every one, hope it can help you when traveling in Hangzhou. This time we just toured around West Lake and Hefang Jie, the hot weather disappointed me… I strongly recommend, don’t go to Hangzhou in hot times, the weather will make you annoying sometimes.

Day 1
We took the D-train from Shanghai to Hangzhou, departed at 07:43 and arrived at a quarter passed 9 (CNY54/person). We stayed in the 7-days Inn at Hefang Jie, the room is pretty nice to stay. And you can register on their official website, which can make you more discount if you want to stay in the hotel in the future. It was already at noon when we finally arrive at the hotel, after checking-in, we went to the famous restaurant—Zhuangyuan Guan and had lunch. I’ve checked online and found that this restaurant is pretty good for Hangzhou cuisine. But the food seems too light for me since I love pepper in food! We ordered noodles and it cost around CNY50.
After lunch, we immediately went to the West Lake (P.S. When traveling in Hangzhou, the must thing is the tour map, we had went a lot of wrong way when we ask the people for directions.) Out tour was started from Broken Bridge and ended at Leifeng Tower. The scenery is enjoyable despite of the hot weather. Anyway, this place is worth its fame!
When coming to Hangzhou, one must go to Gaoyin Jie for the snacks, authentic food that would not cost much.

Day 2
We were exhausted by the walking in the first day, we weren’t awake till 10:00 in the morning~
We bought some local products at Hefang Jie and went to Zhiwei Guan and had our lunch, this is another famous restaurant for Hangzhou snacks. We were intended to go to Hubin but the people on the way again showed us the wrong direction… Last flavor stop—Waipojia—the representative of Hangzhou cuisine with ordinary price! In order to avoid the crowd, we went there 15:00 but still find there is a long queue. The food was great there! Just all in small amount… After the dinner at Waipojia, we backed to the hotel and took our luggage. The two-day Hangzhou trip is coming to an end. The scenery along with the food has make me an unforgettable memory!

Some suggestions:
DO NOT go to West Lake in hot days, I mean both the weather is hot and also when the place is crowded with people in holidays. That will decrease the interest of your trip.
The transportation is some sort inconvenient especially the taxis, some driver would refuse to carry you if your destination is not far.
Hangzhou food is in light flavor, people love spicy food would be disappointed.
A tour map in Hangzhou is very important, it can help you when you are lost.

More Hangzhou Travel Reviews
1. One Day Visit in Hangzhou SUNNYDREAM from China Apr 14, 2010 20:06
2. Xitang - Early Spring JAMESWONG from China Jan 28, 2010 03:52
3. Pretty in Pink: Reflections on West Lake LEMONCACTUS from CN Feb 26, 2008 00:41
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.