Yabuli -skiing

Written by Jan 21, 2005 08:01
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I wanted to explore the skiing experience in China and recently in December 2004 took my family for an adventure to Yabuli in Heilongjiang touted as China's best ski resort .We stayed for 6 days at the Windmill Resort ( the best accommodation there) which was an adequate 3 star (international standard) resort and the food at the restaurant was only chinese but good. (No bacon & eggs!!).The skiing was adequate for beginners as they have a bunny slope and an advanced beginner hill.For the more experienced , there is a 2 chair lift (with hood)to take you up their highest peak from where you ski down the various trails.My experience was mixed as only the no6 (green/blue ) was relatively groomed .The blue/black slopes were in disappointingly very poor condition for our entire trip and after 1 attempt I did not ski them again. The snow conditions were good with powder and plenty of sunshine but temperatures are bitterly cold( approx -20c to -40c)However the resort staff and ski instructors are very warm , helpful and friendly but minimal English is spoken.( so a phrase book is a must) No apres ski in the real sense of the word unless you go to town 1 hour away by private minivan.
In all a Chinese Xmas adventure!!

More Harbin Travel Reviews
Comments (1)

Jan 21, 2005 17:16 Reply

DEE0228 said:

Hi, David!
Thank you for sharing your Chinese Xmas adventure! You must have a wonderful experience! Would you like to share some of your photos with us? I really want to see the real ice world coz i haven't had any skiing experience yet, just curious about this exciting sport!

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.