<A>A trip to MT.Mian

Written by Oct 3, 2006 05:10
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I took a trip to MT. Mian almost 10 years ago is still fresh in my memory .
my aunt and my cousin were going to join a one day trip to MT. Mian , she asked if I'd like to accompany them . heartly , I took the invitation .
The next day , at 4:30 AM , we had arrived ( with sleepy eyes ) to join a group at appointed the site . the journey went smoothly at beginning and became bumpy when our bus got on mountainous road that snaking through the shoulders of the fringe Sierra of MT. Mian region . I felt sick and dizzy . look out of window , only huge shadows of mountain peaks , and darkness of bottomless valleys . when dawn came , endless road and few traffic jam .
Eventually , at about noon , we reached the main entrance of scenic region at the foot of MT. Mian . the facade of the mountain looked huge in rocky grey against blue sky .
My cousin and I got on our adventure to explore the mountain without hesitation . there was a dirt road reached only about half way to the mountain peak . beyond , only but exotic rocks . so we had to climb up to the crest of mountain both on foot as well by hands ( just like monkeys ). my cousin seemed more nimble than me , soon , he disappeared from my view and reached the crest . while I was so clumsy , frustrated about my climbing skills and complained like a loser " why climbing a boring rocky mountain , instead of enjoying a lazy day at home ? ". in order no to ruin my holiday , I keeped on climbing and finally got to the top !
After crossing the crest of the mountain to the sunny slope , the beautiful landscapes unveiled was breathtaking . a brook was running through a valley that stretchs along the foot of mountain ; the farmland nearby looked like patched quilt , in light green, dark green and earth brown ; the mountain peaks in distance in light gray and blue under sunlight ; the light haze strolling along the mountain ... at that moment , all my tiredness and sickness were swept away , I forgot my physical existence except my mind drifted in the air .
hundreds years ago , people stood on the same spot must had the same feeling , but with great determination and ingenuity , they built numerous buddhism and taoism temples on the shoulders of steep mountains due to admiration for gods ( or we'd say the force and beauty of nature ) , " and mountain peaks are nearest place to reach heaven " . I followed the narrow lane and plank road to visit one of the temples -- YunFeng temple , which nested on a cave like cliff , with wide steep steps of stones descent straightly down to the lane we came . it looked like a majestic work by gods ( but actually by our ancient artisans ) .
I'd like to visit more attractions , but ran out of time , so we returned . on the way back to home , I felt exhausted physically , but kept thinking about the fairyland like mountain .
I heard that many travel facilities and roads lead to MT. Mian region have improved to make it more easier for traveler . If you had a trip to MT. Mian too , don't forget to tell me your stories !

More Shanxi Travel Reviews
1. <A> A Shanxi girl'f first visitors MEGGLES5 from CN Sep 11, 2005 02:09
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.