Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Jun 13, 2009 22:11
GUEST87220 as all of the posters all along have been saying. Just check "no". what part do you people not understand? Sorry for the bluntness, but everyone here is saying the same thing again and again.
Jun 29, 2009 01:01
GUEST87125 I have two felonies for Selling weed, and one for maintaining a drug house. Anyone been through anything like that yet? I wouldnt think it will matter, but I hate lying and i would be paranoid the whole time I was in Tiawan cause I would feel like they were out to get me. Also I am just planning on a visit, but what if I end up wanting to stay there for good.. What do I do in that case?
Jun 29, 2009 01:06
GUEST87125 And im sorry to be blunt myself but this is a great thread... Im glad to see that people are askin the same question over and over, because for people like me who read all 13 pages of this crap just to make damn sure we wont end up getting scre**d over in the long run this is great.
Jul 4, 2009 20:00
  • MIMIE
I want to apply for a Chinese Visa in a couple of days. I have read everything on this thread, but still don't know what to do. I was arrested for shoplifting in the mid 80's, just a small item around 20$. I'm not even sure I have a criminal record,never checked. I have applied for other visas in the past few years to Egypt, Turkey and Tcheque Rep. and got the visas with no problems. I have also travelled to the USA a few times and no problems there either. Can anyone give me advice on what they would do? By the way I'm Canadian. Thanks!
Jul 8, 2009 11:01
GUESTWITH A ... I just came back from my trip to China having lied on my visa application about not having a criminal record without any problems. I read through all 14 pages of this post and thank everyone who contributed and in particular APAULT who continued to assert that you can lie without any repercussions.

I know there are many others who are in the same situation who are still uncertain about lying on your visa application but if you do not the certainly don't expect a sympathetic and understanding government employee at the embassy to listen to your spiel (if they even understanding enough English to do so) then to have a heart and grant you a visa if you have had some trouble with the law. They do not cross reference any criminal database and according to a tour operator that I spoke with it seems only known members of Fal*n G*ng, Tibetan human rights activists or anti-China protesters seem to be flagged when applying for a visa.

When applying for my visa I still did not finalize my plans and didn't have an address or contact in China which is part of the application form. The clerk just told me to write anything down and one of the guards who was very familiar with the procedures had a printout of dozens of hotels in the popular regions in China for me to jot down the necessary info. An associate who was of Chinese descent was also required to write down his Chinese name though he asserted that he did not know how to write in Chinese nor did he have a single piece of official documentation with his Chinese name having immigrated to the US when he was one. He was also told to write down anything and he asked a kindly old woman there to jot something down for him. I bring up these two examples to demonstrate how lax the entire process is and why you will have no problems whatsoever lying about not having a criminal record on your visa application.
Jul 8, 2009 23:13
GUEST89175 thanks for the info guestwit will give it a shot next week
Jul 15, 2009 13:59
GUEST87220 But what about for work and study visas?
Jul 15, 2009 23:01
  • APAULT
Read prior posts!! You should not lie but it is often simpler. You are unlikley to be caught out but it is always a possibility.
Jul 22, 2009 11:50
GUESTGUEST89175 Just got back from the counsulate I got the visa very happy thanks for all the info APAULT and GUESTWIT... I read all 14 pages I want to tell every body just apply say what you feel comfortable with I dont think they are goiong to deny anyone. the did not ask for anything I had hotel reciept and flight ticket she said she did not want to see anything but my passaport, remember when in dought just check NO. I want leave already,cant wait to go.
Jul 27, 2009 18:26
GUEST11184 I recently was done for possession of class a I asked my solicitor about visas he didn't out and out say I shouldn't disclose it but that was pretty much the message I got from his response. He also said that if you disclose it is still a lottery he knows people that disclosed and got a visa no problem and others who were denied. So either way is a risk but he seemed to think that not disclosing is best.
Page 13 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code