Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Aug 12, 2009 07:53
GUESTGUEST89175 Just got back from china it was nice I cant wait to go back no problem getting there and back Just say no
Aug 12, 2009 20:27
GUESTJON C. To me, your belligerent response to an earnest question is more offensive than his DUI. So you have children - good for you, try to watch your mouth around them (especially between the ages 6 and 12). DUI is not a "moral crime" - you listen to 30 second Checkpoint Strikeforce radio commercials too often.

DUI is a crime ancillary to addictions, i.e. alcoholism or drug abuse, or to a momentary lapse in judgment. Police Officers will tell you 9 times out of 10 that a DUI offender had no malicious intention before getting behind the wheel - many times not realizing they weren't fit to drive. Armed robbery, domestic assault, and murder - all moral crimes, are such because the guilty party intended to break the law.

Also, a word of advice: the sombrero looks ridiculous. Who are you supposed to be, Douglas Macarthur? If you are really going bald, simply join hair club for men!

-Cheers

Aug 16, 2009 00:15
  • APAULT
Hmm, I'm not sure of just why you wrote what you did, GuestJohn...just who are you aiming at? However, I agree that DUI is more serious than many ppl will admit as it's potentially lethal to others.

Belligerent response and sombrero? well thye only thing I can see might be interpreted as belligerent was my suggestion to read past posts. A number of us have answered the question before and do not want to waste time repeating ourselves because a reader has not bothered to check first. The 'sombrero' that I am wearing is in fact an 'Akubra', a well known Australian hat worn throughout the Aus bush to give protection from the sun. It iss far better than the baseball cap that so many wear as it protcts on all sides and is also quite water repellent. In my case I chose the high domed version as my pointy head hits the roof of the lesser ones. Anyway, I have become a member and have added a photo to give ssome idea to others who they're talking to......will u take up the challenge?
Aug 26, 2009 10:06
GUEST14131 Does anyone know about entering south africa with a DUI conviction?
Sep 21, 2009 07:27
GUEST15239 I have a CDS charge from almost 20 years ago...I plead guilty.....will this be a problem?
Sep 24, 2009 23:33
  • APAULT
Plesase read the earlier forum discussions on this subject
Sep 28, 2009 21:27
GUEST00187 Have had four convictions which are: intent to injure; driving under the influence; male assaults female x2; resisting arrest. Would these convictions hinder my visa application? Going to China next year and hope I can get in. Any help wouild be much appreciated, thanks.
Oct 1, 2009 05:36
  • APAULT
It is impossible for anyone to give a definitive answer, as various offices might provide different outcomes. Also have u read the previous entries in this thread?
Oct 4, 2009 22:56
GUESTGUESTWIT Well, it's me again and I thought to chime in and bring things into perspective about the whole visa process. Imagine your most indifferent, bored and haughty civil servant sitting behind a teller window dealing with the same questions, the same paperwork, the same attitude, etc... day in and day out. How sympathetic do you think that they would be to listen to you describe your crime your sorrow, your regret, etc... Instead imagine how much more likely that your paperwork will get quickly looked over, stamped and pushed forward without the slightest care or concern?

As I said before unless you are a known anti-China activist you will likely not have any problems or be scrutinized if you lie on your application about a criminal conviction. I will have to admit though when I arrived at customs in China and the guy looked at my paperwork for 4 to 5 minutes my stomach kind of knotted up and it felt like 40-50 minutes. However, I went in and out with no problems...
Oct 8, 2009 21:42
  • CORY1835
i just got denied for say no to if i have have a crimal record. i got in trouble when i was a minor i did think that was relivant. what can i do
Page 14 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code