Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Feb 23, 2008 22:39
  • APAULT
Yes
Mar 5, 2008 11:03
  • KELISI
guys i need help i am going to china and i have a CR from last year of really stupid things just petty thefts which my friends done but i was with them would that stop me from getting a visa to go to wuhan i have e-mailed interpol and they have said it should be ok but i just need advice guys i need it asap if possible
Mar 13, 2008 19:58
GUEST14100 II have in fact been convicted of a crime (took a plea agreement)...here in the United States a few years ago (18 years old). It was a felony (drug posession). Some people told me to just say "no" - but I have a bad feeling about lieing. But, then again I don't want to say "yes" and just automatically get denied. What do you guys think? I want to really visit Beijing and already have my ticket - now am in a moral/personal dilemma
Mar 16, 2008 03:36
  • APAULT
Just say 'no'. I do not believe there is any data matching.
Apr 1, 2008 22:27
GUESTWONDERING should i say yes on line 3.3 for a dui on the visa application
Apr 10, 2008 20:51
  • KIMLEA
You will be asked about your criminal record on the China visa application:
Section 3
3.1 If you have been refused for a Chinese visa in or out of China, please select YES. Otherwise, please select No.
3.2 If you have been refused to enter into or been deported from China, please select YES, please select No.
3.3 If you have any criminal record in any country including China, please select YES. Otherwise, please select No.
----------------------
Recent real life experience:
I checked the box saying that I have a criminal record. I also wrote a "detailed de_script_ion" as requested. For the description I played down the crime and focused on my remorse for the situation and how it's been over a decade since the crime. When I say I "played down" the crime, I mean I said "I stole money from a store" instead of giving details or specifying the offense.
To get the visa I applied in person rather than by mail. The interviewer read the de_script_ion in front of me and my wife, then asked her co-worker something in Chinese while looking at my paperwork, then told me to pick up my visa in a few days: as easy as that! I've already picked it up and I'm ready to go.
-----
Your crime will probably show up on any background search criminal records even on instant [url=http://backgroundsearch.com]internet background search[/url] which can show phone number, address, address history for 30 years, age, birthdates, household members, relatives, associates, property ownership, lawsuits, marriage, divorce, criminal records check, sex offenders, terrorist watch, bankruptcy, tax liens. That is because in the USA criminal records are considered public information.
Apr 30, 2008 17:57
GUEST56104 Most criminal background checks only go back 7 years, unless you provide finger prints. I have performed multiple background checks on myself and my felony from 14 years ago did not show up. I just applied for a visa and checked no, I will up date when I hear word.
May 24, 2008 11:24
GUEST52133 No they do not do criminal background checks when you apply for a visa. Because if you have a felony why should you have to bring a your police record, if they do checks they shouldn't need you to bring your own criminal record in. They only on hand have a blacklist and a blacklist is people on the fbi list and peolple with terrorist crimes.
Jun 3, 2008 16:49
GUEST85122 I was recently convicted of a dui misdemeanor within the past 5 months. I've already made plans to travel to Beijing for the Olympics (hotel, airfare, tickets to game events, etc.) and applying for the visa is all I have left to do. SHOULD I SELECT YES FOR THE CRIMINAL RECORD QUESTION? If I answer no to the question what's the chances that a problem would occur? I need help fast!
Jun 4, 2008 10:35
  • APAULT
DUI is a moral crime, please don't do it again and if you injure my kids while DUI, I will come and f.....g cut yr b...s off.. But when it comes to applying for a visa for . Please don't ask such stupid questions. The answer is NO.
Page 3 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code