Menu
what do you think of marrying a man/woman who is younger than you?
Mar 11, 2008 20:10
  • RITA
Hi Jim,
I think I can accept a man that is about 10 years older than me, but it's hard for me to accept a man that's 3 years younger. I will feel like a sister. LOL
I say this on behalf of myself.
Mar 11, 2008 20:10
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"Speaking for myself , I think it would be wrong to treat the older woman in this way, when I dated the older lady I learnt a lot from her..."

I dated a couple of younger guys before and my friends teased me, calling me a cradle snatcher. LOL!
Mar 11, 2008 20:17
  • JIMMYB
Thanks for answering, Rita. If I was a girl, I wouldn't marry a guy who is ten years older than me because he is too old and I am afraid that we will have no similar words each other. By the way, what do you think of Yang Zhengning and Wenfan? Yang is 54 years older than Wen. If you were put in that situation, would you marry a man who is 50 years older than you?
Mar 11, 2008 20:32
  • RITA
Well, I don't think I agree with some people here who are suspicious about what kind of marriage is about between Yang and Weng.

You know what? Yang & Weng have been married for 2 years(?) or less(?), and I am not sure how long they dated before getting married. But look at them, they love each other, always holding hands, when Yang needs a hand when climbing, there he found Weng's hands, they look at each other in the eyes ... We also can see from the news, they've been supportive to each other in public and in private.

They love and accept each other as they are!

That is all about marriage!

I have to say I admire the couple and respect their choices very much. But as for me, I never met such a guy who is like Yang and who is so much older than me. But you see my attitude above.

Cheers!
Mar 12, 2008 03:14
GUEST02198 I like a girl and she is one year elder to me, I told this to my parents and they have no problems, but the girl says that she would like to marry a person who is atleast 3 years elder to her, I made it very clear to her that me and my parents have no objections and we are even ready to have a talk to her parents.. man I donno whatz all this but by heart just beats and thinks abt her!!!! can anyone suggest me how to convice her????
Mar 14, 2008 03:45
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Rita,

If you have a hard time accepting a guy who is three years younger than you but are fine with a guy 10 years older than you, wouldn't you just feel like his little sister such as the example with the older sister?

GUEST02198,

You and I are the in the same boat brotha. Yet I think I may have a harder time than your one year age difference. Perhaps she is still young enough to want an older man?
Mar 14, 2008 07:11
  • RITA
Nope, Destruckdoz,
Fortunately, this "sister feeling" doesn't emerge if I am with someone older. I don't know why. It's interesting, isn't it?
Being the older one in a relationship means more responsibilities, I guess that's the feeling makes girls - I mean most girls - prefer their boyfriends/ husbands older than them who are more mature and stable.
Let's face it, in general, women are still physically weaker and emotionally reliant and need more support of various kinds from their men than the men do. Some girlmembers of this forum may or may not agree with me on this, this is my opinion. I'd love to hear more from other girls.
Mar 14, 2008 21:18
GUESTCRYSTAL I am a girl. If I were asked to choose from a boy who is 2 or 3 years younger than me and a man who is 10 or more older than me, I'd rather choose the first one who is 2 or 3 years younger than me. Why? The latter is too "mature". Perhaps, I should call him "Dad".
Mar 14, 2008 21:25
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I think it is very easy to say that you’d fall in love with someone who is 2, 3, 10, 20 years age older or younger, whichever you think you want. But when cupid’s arrow hit you, your self-created rules will be blown to bits and you won’t even know what hit you. ^_^
Mar 14, 2008 22:47
  • GRIZ326
I lost a love of my younger days because of this statement from SHESGOTTOBEME:

>>>my friends teased me, calling me a cradle snatcher

IMO, women who hook up with younger men are in peril. Men usually want younger women.

Women seem comfortable with older men. Each woman has her own threshold for age difference. I wouldn't expect a 22 year old woman to be interested in a 57 year old man for 15 years.

10 years between men and women seems comfortable to me; gals set their own standards at their own peril.

Page 4 of 22    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what do you think of marrying a man/woman who is younger than you?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code