Menu
Girl to rent a boyfriend to go home during the Spring Festival
Jan 29, 2009 20:38
GUESTMARISSA Correction: Feinstein
Jan 31, 2009 20:18
  • LEONARDO
Thanks for your input, Gaffer.

So, western parents give much more freedom to their children. That's what I adore about western culture. Though, Chinese parents are more "thoughtful" (concerned) about kids than their western counterparts, such "excessive love" does put too much pressure on their kids. At least, I feel this way. Personally,sometimes, I even had kinda weird wish that my parents should give me less love. If they love me less, I would not feel pressurized.
Jan 31, 2009 20:32
GUEST7798 Hmmm, I should have rented a girlfriend when I was back home. My parents, my uncles and aunts, my grandfather and some my other relatives asked the same question when I visited them during the Spring Festival Holidays. "Do you have a girlfriend?" My answer was "No". They seemed a little disappointed and urged me to find one as soon as possible. Really annoying!
Feb 1, 2009 05:49
  • SHESGOTTOBE
"So, western parents give much more freedom to their children. That's what I adore about western culture. Though, Chinese parents are more "thoughtful" (concerned) about kids than their western counterparts, such "excessive love" does put too much pressure on their kids. At least, I feel this way. Personally,sometimes, I even had kinda weird wish that my parents should give me less love. If they love me less, I would not feel pressurized."

Both care about their children. As for being ‘thoughtful’, my observation is Western parents tend to spoil their children with material stuff like giving them gifts and parties every year for their birthdays and giving them cars once they graduate high school. They think that their children should have a better life than them when they were growing up. All my colleagues do that and I suspect this is how they express their love for their children. They also give them a lot of freedom because well, freedom is considered a basic human right which you would want the most for your children. There is also a saying (and a song), ‘If you love somebody, set them free.’ If a Western parent try to show 'too much concern', it is not unusual at all for the child/ren to say, 'Stop trying to run my life!"

As for Chinese, love for children is expressed as a ‘concern’ for every aspect of their lives, which sometimes turns into control and become very limiting and suffocating for their children. Many Chinese parents do not see it that way. If they do not show concern, they would seem like they are being bad parents. Either way, both parents love their children, they just express them differently.

Generally, there is one aspect in Chinese culture though that is not present in Western, which is the ‘face’. This is a factor in why Chinese parents want to control every aspect of their children’s lives. Chinese parents do not want their children bringing ‘shame’ to the family. In Western culture, this is almost non-existent because basically, Westerners do not care what other people think, at least not as much as the Chinese.
Feb 1, 2009 06:05
  • SHESGOTTOBE
“How bad it is for Chinese people who are still unmarried after 30!? Is it all about a cultural thing uniquely occurring in Chinese society? How about the western parents’ attitudes towards their unmarried children who have been a bit old for marriage ( at the age of 30+)?Are they more tolerant?”

Generally, people in Western society do not care whether you are single at 90 or if you marry at 90. Sure, there are narrow-minded people here and there but generally, they do not care. Some might not like that you are still single for whatever reason, but they have to respect that. Some suffer in their married life and they just want you to suffer as well. :P

The thinking is, either it is your choice to want to stay single or you just haven’t found the right person yet. They will not pressure you, in fact, they have no right to pressure you. Some people also believe it is better to be happily single or a lonely single than to be miserably married. LOL!
Feb 2, 2009 21:17
  • LEONARDO
Hi She,

Thank you for your very insightful inputs!
>>Generally, there is one aspect in Chinese culture though that is not present in Western, which is the ‘face’. This is a factor in why Chinese parents want to control every aspect of their children’s lives. Chinese parents do not want their children bringing ‘shame’ to the family. In Western culture, this is almost non-existent because basically, Westerners do not care what other people think, at least not as much as the Chinese. <<

I agree with you that "Face issue" is an important aspect of Chinese culture. Parents whose children are old enough but still unmarried are particulary in fear of the gossips and rumors. In many parts of rural China, late marriage is in particular unwelcome.
Jun 24, 2009 22:50
GUESTLERAJEN...
Rather amusing piece
Aug 6, 2009 15:40
GUEST60228 i need to rent a boyfriend
Feb 14, 2010 13:22
GUEST76574 where i can find her,iam ready to go with her,any one can please send me details
Feb 16, 2010 09:29
  • LIONPOWER
yes- have many-- but Chinese girls not like foolish friend.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Girl to rent a boyfriend to go home during the Spring Festival
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code