Xian Trip

Written by Jan 4, 2010 00:49
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I made trip to Xi'an, China in early October this year with my two friends. Maybe it was just the 'golden week' for the National Day Holiday, It was so crowded in all of the scenic spots we visited.

We arrived at Xi'an at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Our guide took us to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda scenic area firstly after put the luggage at the Bell Tower Hotel. Climbing on the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, one of the representative architectures in Xian, the whole city fell under our eyes. Our guide told us that the pagoda was designed by the hierarch Xuanzang. It was built on a semi-circular base, having good function of earthquake resistance. It has experienced many earthquakes since its construction, and it still stands sound and safe after the Wenchuan Earthquake last year. Our guide said the pagoda inclined about 70 inches when the Peoples Republic of China was founded. However, it goes back like a tumbler through decades' change, and the latest data shows that it only tilts about 30 inches now.

That evening, we roamed around the bell tower area near our hotel on our own. Xian is especially charming in the evening, ablaze with light and bustling with life. Under the help of the earnest passerby, we came to the Huimin Jie (Muslim Street) easily, where eating-houses are considerable and various Muslims' shops and stands widely spread. A great variety of snacks are sold there such as cakes, dry fruits, preserves, kabob, steamed dumplings, beef bun, etc. We ate, walked, talked and enjoyed for about one hour there. At about 8 o'clock, we left there with reluctance.

We got up early on the next morning. Under our request, the guide brought us to the residential areas to enjoy a local Xian breakfast liangpi (cold noodles), roujiamo (meat bun) and hulatang (pepper and chili soup). At about 9 o'clock, we got on the bus and headed for the Huashan Mountain. After about 2 hours' bus trip, we reached the destination and entered the scenic area successfully. What shocked us is the long line before the cable car. There seemed to be thousands of people queuing up. We were told by the working staff that we would have to wait for about 2 hours at least. Thinking that we had to conserve our energy for our next day trip to Huqing Hot Spring and Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, we decided to wait. After about 3 hours' effort from 11:00 to 14:00, we got on the 'First Cable Car in Asia' and arrived at the North Peak finally. It was a cloudy that day, so we saw nothing but the mist-decorated mountains far away. What a pity that we couldn't enjoy the actual magnificence of the Huashan Mountain because of our tight schedule. We left it with sadness. On the way back to Xian, I made a plan in my heart: I will spend two days visiting Huashan next time, when I will climb it myself.

Although we climbed Huashan by cable car, we still felt very tired that night. It was as late as seven o'clock when we awoke refreshed the next morning. Then, our guide picked up us to visit our last two destinations Huqing Hot Spring and Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses. About 40 minutes later, we arrived at the Huaqing Hot Sping, where we visited the man-made Nine-Dragon Lake, marble statue of Yang Guifei, Frost Flying Hall, Lotus Pool, Haitang Pool, Shangshi Pool, Star Pool, Prince Pool, Viewing Lake Tower (Wanghu Lou), Flying Rainbow Bridge (Feihong Qiao), Flying Glow Hall (Feixia Ge), and Five-Room Hall (Wujian Ting).

Leaving Huaqing Hot Spring, we went to visit Qinshihuang's huge underground army, the terracotta warriors and horses. Museum of Qin Terracotta Warriors and Horses is mainly made up of 3 pits and one exhibition hall, where exhibited a total of 8, 000 terracotta warriors and horses arranged in battle form. Besides warriors and horses, there are also two bronze chariots and tens of thousands of weapons excavated. After visiting it in person, we couldn't help to sigh: It is indeed the eighth wonder of the world.

Three-day Xian trip was over soon. Although there is some regret, Xian people's simplicity and hospitability, and the beauty, delicious snacks and deep culture of Xian made my trip full of good memories. When leaving Xian, I made a wish that I would climb Huashan Mountain myself next time and I would come to Xian in the near future.

More Xian Travel Reviews
1. Two-day's Travel in Xi'an MENG from United States Dec 30, 2009 19:54
2. How did the qin terracotta warriors get burnt and destroyed? CLARENCEGUO from CN Jul 1, 2009 06:43
3. <A> Xi'an's Majestic City Wall JSUMMERS83 from CN Apr 30, 2008 10:44
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.