my feelings about CHINA

Written by Apr 14, 2010 05:32
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

the FIRST IMPRESSION

Why is China so clean ?

The people have only a fraction of our Australian income per head and yet they are so careful about their country.

Is it their respect of law and order ?

What ever it is i would love to see some in Australia.

Maybe i was just blessed but i felt so safe in China - saw only one motor accident in 30 days of travel even though speed and congestion were commonplace

Had the pleasure of covering a vast distance by road boat train and plane - everything ran like clockwork.

The hotels were very comfortable - clean and well managed.

The food was beaut and for me easily recognised which was important for me.

Only experience i missed was a visit to a public toilet - the smell was horrendous but then part of life in such a big country with plenty of people and tourists everywhere.

My personal and private assessment is that the people of China are Australians in disguise.

they are a welcoming people with time to spare on visitors and i really loved every part of China

Have taken some time to let the thrill of the holiday pass away but you would not believe me if i was to tell you that a young Chinese gentleman and his family in Chongqing exchange emails with my family on a daily basis and we often chat on Skype.

more will follow because i am trying to talk my wife into another trip to Beijing Xian Kumling Guilin Chongqing and Shanghai .

She will not see what i saw but she will see enough to really appreciate CHINA.

More Other Travel Reviews
1. came back from North Korea TRAVELDPRK from CN Mar 17, 2010 08:38
2. One month in Liuyang BANOSD from US Nov 13, 2009 15:38
3. Travel China 9 cities PAPAALHAWAII from US Jun 2, 2009 04:26
Comments (8)

Jun 24, 2012 22:24 Reply

Mr.HOU from China said:

Thank you very much! I am Chinese and am very happy to read your review!:)

Dec 3, 2010 00:32 Reply

LEO1122 said:

I am extremely pleased you had a great holiday and found China clean. I have been to China many times and travelled a lot. Some cities are clean on the surface butcheck the waterways and litter. I visit Nanning (the green city) which is beatiful in the main areas but also has it bad areas like all cities. I have found most tourist places are used to travellers and try to "rip them off". The food is up to the individual some nice some not to nice. Public toilets are usually disgusting. I agree with the hotel comments because I have stayed in many and have had no need to complain and the Chinese people are generally very friendly. If you give them respect and show kindness they will give it back 10 fold.
I hope you go again because it is a great place to visit but do not expect too much and go to other area other than the main city parts as they are more interesting anyway. If I sound negative I do not mean to, just trying to put it into perspective

Nov 14, 2010 22:22 Reply

VIGORHE said:

Yeah...some places in China sustain clean and beautiful environments, such as,Zhanjiang,Hainan,Suzhou,Hong Kong,Yunnan,Guilin,Sichuan,Xinjiang, Tibet etc.Most people here are friendly and hospitable.Awsome people who are ready to help foreigners.
Jehovah God bless the righteous eternally.
Vigor

Oct 13, 2010 04:32 Reply

FLYING320326 said:

yeah, u are right ,most staff can not use english. we are changing day by day now.

Oct 8, 2010 08:23 Reply

FAITHGITA said:

Wow, so nice to see others have the same impressions about China.
I also have leaved in few countries in Europe and USA mostly in US and have not felt the peacefulness I have in China during my stay.

I would love to visit China over and over again.

Friends ask me "how was in China". I tell them.. you have to see to believed.
Why Chinese have so nice thinks in the bazaars and don't sell the anywhere else?

One think I don't like at all is the long travel. From the hotel in China to the entrance of my home in US took us 28 hours.
In a few months I would forget about the long flight and make my plans to visit again.
By the way this company Travelchinaguide.com organized every step for us. We have tour guide and driver in every city.
What an unforgettable experience.
Chinese people are awesome.

Page 1 of 2PreviousNext

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.