Wonderful experience at the Shanghai Expo

Written by Ms. NUNWAURA Oct 9, 2010 11:32
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I visited the Expo on early sunday morning Oct and managed to visit the Chinese pavilion with ease. whereas, my friend, who went there mid afternoon on the next day, and was not allowed to enter. The longest queue on that day (5-6hrs) was, Saudi Arabia pavilion (i was told, when the Expo just started, the queue was even longer, up to 8hrs) It seems those who were already queuing, came prepared... with portable stools, packed lunch, fruits, bottled water, paper fans, you name it. I wonder what's so special about this pavilion and I heard there is a multi-million dollars garden at the roof-top. Unfortunately, none of my Shanghainese friends got to visit this pavilions to verify if this is true...

I visited mostly the not so popular pavilions, average queue time 15mins. Then, i got a tip from a new-found friend at the Malaysian pavilion that if you are visiting your own country's pavilion (except China, I assume), you just need to show your passport and you are allowed to cut the queue to enter.  I tried and yup, it worked. 

To my pleasant surprise, i am able to find a halal restaurant there, as well, beside the Saudi Arabia pavilion. As a non-mandarin speaking lady, who came alone and first time in Shanghai, I must say the Expo organisers did an excellent job in deploying numerous volunteers across the city and within the Expo park, guiding tourist like me, find my own way, one pavilion to another and from hotel to Expo site via subway train and back, safely.

More Shanghai Travel Reviews
1. Very Badly Planned Expo meant only for the locals. STANLEY from Singapore6752 Oct 7, 2010 06:04
2. Expo for Handicapped STEVE P. J. from NZ Jul 23, 2010 01:24
3. recent visit to EXPO GAURI KULKARNI from India Jun 22, 2010 03:40
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.