Shanghai Wild Animal Park

Written by Mrs. SMITH Mar 13, 2012 04:20
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Started off really well, we hired a double bicycle with a sun shade and saw lots of animalsin their compounds - the pandas were wonderful!!

Some of the pathways were more difficult to ride over being made of stones - but it was good fun.

We hadn't realised that the park fed live animals to the wild animals so were totally unprepared for this - some western young children might be upset by this aspect of the park - mine certainly would have been!

However while I could appreciate the motives for such action(I hadn't read the small print of the web page beforehand) I cannot understand why it was necessary to use live chickens to tease the lions - this doesn't seem to be in keeping with the park's aspiration to help keep the big cats wild.

Needless to say I found the teasing intolerably cruel - the lion managed to get the chicken's wing in its mouth and the driver/conductor was pulling the chicken backwards and forwards to loud laughter, despite the chicken's terified squeals.

Also the bus had a very strong grill on each side but was open - little fingers could poke out of the grill as the animlas appeared very tame and came rigth up to the bus - excellent for photographs but their true natures could be mistaken when they lokked like huge pussy cats.

Anyone with small children not accostomed to such a sight, might want to give the bus tour a miss!

More Shanghai Travel Reviews
1. A comfortable home in Shanghai, China CHANGCHENG2006 Mar 9, 2012 04:55
2. Tianma Shan by Subway and Bus MARC from China Jan 16, 2012 07:21
3. My trip to Shanghai! SALLY Oct 19, 2011 02:52
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.