My trip to Shanghai! 

Written by Ms. SALLY Oct 19, 2011 02:52
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

It was the first time that I had taken the plane and our destination is Shanghai. After finishing my lunch, I hurried to the Changle Airport with my boyfriend. We were so excited that we arrived at the airport 3 hours in advance.

No big deal! We got our boarding pass card and checked our luggage first. Then we decided to hang around at the airport. Well, the airport was too small and we just spent around 10 minutes visiting all corners of the airport. How could we spend the rest 2.5 hours? Lucky me! I brought my laptop with me. So we spent around 1 hour watching an episode of a Chinese TV series called The Wife’s Era till the battery of the laptop died out. Then what should we do? My boyfriend took me to the KFC and ordered fired chips and some coke. Obviously, we just wanted to kill the time.

Suddenly, it was raining. “Just hope that the plane will take off on time”, I told my boyfriend. Finally, the broadcasting required all passengers to check in. My boyfriend and I passed the security gate and prepared for boarding the plane. It was already 17:25 but the plane didn’t take off. A few minutes later, the broadcasting said it was the rain that stopped us for a while.
Raining in the airport

in the plane

Seven minutes later, the plane took off. The moment the plane took off, I felt a bit scared because I took off the plane for the first time. The plane arrived at the Pudong Airport at 18:55. We got our luggage and took airport shuttle bus line 5 to Beijing Railway Station. We got there at 20:23 and managed to find the entrance/exit of subway line 3 and 4. Passing through the underground, we queued for getting on the subway. Honestly, I was shocked by the crowds. But we had no option except getting on the subway to reach at our hotel, 7 Days Inn (Baoshan). Later, we realized that we shouldn’t have chosen this hotel because it was a bit far from the most tourist attractions. (We suggest that tourist stay at 7 Days Inn (Nanjing Road). Very convenient!

Next morning, we planned to hang around on the Nanjing Road. But there was no subway. So we had to walk to the nearest bus station to get to East Nanjing Road by bus. Getting off the bus, we decided to have breakfast first. My boyfriend and I reached an agreement---walking to Shendacheng to taste its snacks.

Shengdacheng has a history of more than 130 years.. We were attracted to Shengdacheng by its reputation. It turned out that we chose a right place to have breakfast. The snacks were very delicious but the prices weren’t too expensive, about 30 yuan per person.

After feeding our stomach, we went to the People’s Square by foot, planning to the Shanghai Museum. When we got there, we canceled our plan because a lot of people were queuing in front of the gate. It was just 10:00 in the morning. At that moment, my boyfriend suggested we go to visit Madame Tussaud's in Shanghai. Alright! We walked back to the Nanjing Road again.

To be frank, some of the wax figures look unreal. I couldn’t tell who they were without looking at their names. By the way, I was a bit afraid of seeing the wax figures because they reminded me of an horror movie, House of Wax. My boyfriend told me it wasn’t horrible and invited me to watch the movie with him. I was timid and scared to cry. He was very excited to take photos with those celebrities, especially pretty girls. You know, he might have no chance to shoot a photo with these celebrities in real world. I didn’t stop him and let him fulfill his dream.
Liu Xiang at the Madame Tussaud's

Audrey Hepburn at the Madame Tussaud's

It was 12:30 when we got out of  the Madame Tussaud's. To tell you the truth, walking makes you hungry very soon. So we headed to the Nan Xiang Xiao Long to taste its steamed buns. The place was small but full of people. We ordered some steamed buns and two bowls of wonton. After paying the bill, we went upstairs. After 20 minutes, the waiters brought several bowls of wonton. We were very hungry so that WE raised our hand and asked the waiter to give us two bowls of wonton. The waiter didn’t hear us. So I raised my voice and said to him again. This time, he heard me. I guessed that he didn’t sleep well last night. He walked very slowly to us and put two bowls on our desk and turned away without saying a word. If I was the boss, I would have fired him already. The wanton and steamed buns were just so so but the price and service were very bad. I couldn’t understand why there were still a lot of people who went there for lunch. Anyway, I didn’t go there in following days.

After lunch, my boyfriend and I were heading to the Bund on foot. The Nanjing Road became noisy now. There was a sea of faces on the road. 30 minutes later, we arrived at the Bund. Again, there were many tourists. Everyone took a camera to shoot photos. We wandered about 15 minutes there and then started our journey to Yuyuan Garden and Shanghai Town God’s Temple.
Many faces at the Bund

You can find various kinds of snacks there. Although I took lunch already, I still bought several kinds of snacks. My boyfriend said that he would abandon me if I kept eating and eating. He didn’t want me to put on weight. Fine, I gave some snack to him and ordered him to eat them up. I said “If you refuse to eat them up, I will break up with you”. Then he ate all the snacks I gave to him.

It was already 18:47 when we finished our visit in the above two places. Then we decided to come back to our hotel, have a good rest and prepare for the next day’s trip.

We got up at 6:40, packed up all our stuff and made out an itinerary. Our first stop is Lujiazui. There we visited Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Super Brand Mall, Shanghai International Convention Center and Jiangbin Park. We didn’t get into those places because we wanted to visit the Shanghai Museum today. It was already 9:00 when we got there by subway. The long queue extended to the Renmin Road. My boyfriend suggested we give up and go to other places instead. I didn’t agree and persuaded him to visit the Shanghai Museum. After queuing up for 2 hours in the sun, we finally got into the museum. We stayed inside for 1.5 hours and went out at 12:43. I told my boyfriend that I was hungry. So we walked to Shengdacheng again to have lunch. After lunch, we bought some desserts and went out.
Oriental Pearl TV Tower

where we ate snacks
Yuyuan Garden

Long queue out of the Shanghai Museum
Shanghai Museum

My Shanghai Trip ended here.

More Shanghai Travel Reviews
1. Riipped Off in Shanghai NEWBBIE from Singapore Oct 14, 2011 01:10
2. COOL & LOVELY SHANGHAI ERIC PAYNE from MALAYSIA Apr 26, 2011 02:58
3. The Fountain Restaurant: Stay away! Xin Tian Di distrcit TRADEZONE Apr 3, 2011 19:10
Comments (1)

Oct 31, 2011 00:12 Reply

SKYPRAWN said:

Thank you for the sharing

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.