An unpleasant experience

Written by Ms. GAN Sep 29, 2013 00:24
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I had a very unpleasant experience with immigration officers at Zhuhai. I landed in Guangzhou on 15/9 and on 19/9 went for a day trip to Macau from Zhuhai. At immigration was stopped by a female officer who didn't want to stamp my passport. She called her sipervisor who then took away my passport. Me, with a poor command of Mandarin, followed him and was then shouted at for 'running around'. He then make sit at a corner with an offficer looking over me as though i was a 'criminal '. I was not told by i was detained and my passport taken away. The tour guide that was with me explained that i couldn't speak Mandarin well, tried to help but was not allowed to. Even a criminal is entitled to a lawyer.Is this the way to treat a tourist?
After about 20mins , another male officer called me back to the same counter with the female officer to have my passport stamped but she keeps insisting that my passport is a 'fake' and didn't want to stamp. How could it be a fake when i have gone through Guangzhou immigration on 15/9. How could her colleague let me through that day? Op top of that she could see that my passport have visas from Japan, stamped entry/exit permits fromJapan, Indonesia, Taiwan. How could I have gone through immigration at these countries? She then duly stamped my passport. None of the officers, including she and her supervisor uttered a word of 'sorry' for the inconvenience.

More Zhuhai Travel Reviews
1. Pearl of the Orient JABAROOTOO from CN Feb 7, 2006 23:02
Comments (1)

Jan 23, 2015 20:59 Reply

Ms.CHAI from Malaysia said:

I am traveling from Shenzhen to either Zhuhai or Macau early April 2015 for 2 night with another friend. Is it better to stay in Zhuhai and travel to Macau from there for day trip or stay one night in each place? Which one is more economical and convenient?

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.