Menu
Do you like eating the fish's eyes?
Feb 23, 2009 20:55
  • BBQQ
When I was a little kid, I remembered that my mom told me the fish's eyes were good for my eyes. After knowing this, I had fish's eyes every time when my mom prepared fish for us. Now I am a grown-up. I learn that fish's eyes do contain some nutrients but the nutritional value is not very high. To protect your eyes, you need also absorb Vitamine A, carotene and protein.

In some places, it is the etiquette for the host/hostess to offer the fish's eyes to the guests. The host/hostess picks up the fish's eyes and put them in the guest's wine glass and the guest should drink up the wine in the glass. Very interesting, isn't it?

Do you like eating the fish's eyes?

Feb 23, 2009 22:13
GUESTAIKI Yes, yes, yes... you just mentioned one of my favorite Chinese dishes: steam fish.

i love eating those fish eyes especially when the fish is steamed, for eg. Hunan Whole Steam Fish with Hot Chilies; and Cantonese-style fish dishes - the bigger they are, they juicier the taste! i also adore fish head dishes, some curried ones which i had during my travels in Singapore - very spicy, very delicious!!
Feb 24, 2009 20:33
GUEST4348 I am not fond of fish' eyes. They are fishy.
Feb 25, 2009 13:32
  • DAVEC
Fish eyes are fishy? who would have thought that
Feb 25, 2009 21:31
  • WANHU
In Malaysia, sometimes people go for fish head curry, which usually made of marine fish, and the best would be red snapper. Many fish head curry lovers love its eyes and the area around the eyes. One fish head curry may not be that cheap, but still affordable about 100RMB for 4 persons, complete with rice.
Wan
Nov 20, 2011 03:36
GUEST15271 there gooey and the middle is like a pellet and it taste like crap dont no what u guys are on about
Nov 21, 2011 01:20
  • HEIDI
Yes, I like. Every time I eat fish eyes, my friends shock. They think it couldn't be eaten
Nov 21, 2011 06:28
GUEST01935 Of course not,although i saw many Chinese people ate when I travel and learn shaolin kung fu in China.
Nov 26, 2011 01:55
  • KEVIN0518
Never eat the fish's eyes. They look horrible. I seldom eat the fish too because it has too many bones.
Jan 1, 2012 04:50
  • VANESSAZHONG
I like eating fish,especially fish hotpot. But I never eat its eyes. I think it's terrible.
May 13, 2012 21:48
GUEST01162 I've experimented with some seafoods, eels mainly. Didn't know what they were at first, but liked them. As for eyes, I would be inclined to just swallow one hole with a drink first time, see what the effects are. Being American, I'm hesitant to venture far outside of chicken and meatloaf, but it is good to expose one's self to other things.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you like eating the fish's eyes?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code