Menu

Xishuangbanna Travel Reviews

Ms. LILITH
May 7, 2012 03:31

i was agreeably surprised by the bread selection of breads at Wang tian shu deli in jinghong and the fantastic local food tasting menu that they propose if booked in advance. The wine selection is also quite amazing considering the area. I recommend this placealso for its homemade pastries and ... Details

• Views: 2742
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Mr. BUNYAK
Dec 23, 2011 06:30

Wangtianshu Restaurant & Deli offers high quality Western and Asian food.

Their homemade ice-creams and jams made with fresh tropical fruits are really great.

They serve different breakfast choices on their sunny terrace. And the coffee is fine!

Alongside the restaurant ... Details

• Views: 2425
  • Compliments: 1
Mar 12, 2007 02:03

We, R, T and I, got to Kunming bus station with stacks of time and found our bus. A nice, modern Daewoo, mercifully not a sleeper (R and I are too tall to do that comfortably). It looked promising. We stowed our luggage and boarded, only to discover this particular bus had the weirdest seat numbering ... Details

• Views: 4917
Jan 31, 2007 13:01

Xishuangbanna, like many border prefectures in China, is not a traditionally Chinese place. Its name is a transliteration of the Thai name Sipsongpanna, which means, "land of the twelve rice-growing districts.” Judging by the moist rice paddies in every valley, the place was aptly named. ... Details

• Views: 6999
  • Responses: 1
Oct 31, 2006 22:10

It was a beautiful morning in Xishuangbanna, perfect for a hike, so my friend Steve and I headed north on a road out of a small town called Ganlanba. We had arrived the night before just in time to get a hot meal from an old woman at a streetside stand. Rested from the 15 miles we'd walked the day ... Details

• Views: 3370
  • Responses: 1
Apr 30, 2005 14:04

JINGHONG
Xishuangbanna is located in the south of Yunnan province. It borders with Laos and Myanmar. I have heard about the Dai minority who live in this region. I was drawn here in search for their unique and exotic culture. To get to Jinghong, the capital town of Xishuangbanna, I took a night sleeper ... Details

• Views: 3693