Travel in Yunnan, Kunming, Lijiang, Dali in Year 2001

Written by Apr 13, 2004 16:04
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Day 3 - 1

Woke up at 6.00 am this morning in order to catch our 8.05 flight to LiJiang. Had a quick breakfast at the Coffeehouse at the Hotel. Went to the airport to check in. Got our tickets. Due to something, I was mad at Miss Wee. Well I got a so-called lecture from my mum and aunty (ken’s mum). Well, but was so angry at Miss Wee one of the group members, my aunty talked to me about it, but I don't know why tears washed my face. Well, but I feel better crying it out and talking to my cousin ken about it.

(to be continued)

Day 3 - 2

The plane is about 40 minutes. Well 8.05 reached but I thought its funny the plane was not taking off. After the aircrew explain someone had not board the plane, that why they are not taking off. We waited for an hour and half. Finally settled down but another thing happened some passenger don't want to fly because they waited too long but in the end everything is settled. Well, plane touched down in LiJiang Airport around 9 plus. Found the Tour guide. The Tour guide was a male too, his name was very unique. My mandarin was not good, so I don’t know how to prounce it. Our 1st destination was to Baisha Murals, which is over 600 years. The Lijiang Murals are very interesting. Each Mural is telling a story. It is very interesting. Well, on the way saw some Tribe people. China itself over has a total of 56 tribe. Well, we had already seen one Tribe, which are Yi Tribe people in Stone Forest yesterday. The one we saw today was Naxi Tribe people in LiJiang Baisha Mural. My mum donated some money them and they ask my mum to join them in their dance for a while. Actually, I was also asked to join them but I didn’t want to.

The Restaurant where we were having our lunch was a great place as it allows us to see the beautiful Jade Dragon Snow Mountain while having our lunch. Went to the beautiful Jade Dragon Snow Mountain after our lunch. As the Sea Level is high on the Mountain, our group rent a few oxygen tanks. As I got a great rest yesterday, I found that walking up to the Spruce Plateau didn’t use up a lot of my energy and didn’t use the oxygen tank at all. In order to get to the top, got on to the Gondola. Still, we got to exercise our legs. Finally, we reached the Spruce Plateau (Yunshan Plateau). Our guide told us that Naxi people regard the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain as the Ideal Kingdom, an extremely saintly place. Some lovers who wanted to get rid of the shackle of arranged marriage and seek their true love came here to sacrifice themselves for love. So Touching. We couldn't go on the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain because the only way to get to it was by gondola (cable car) but it was too dangerous, they closed it down. There have been 17 Mountain Climbing experts from all over the world who came to the place itself but none had made it up the Mountain because it was too dangerous. Even a helicopter can't land on the peak of the Mountain.

(to be continued)

Day3 - 3

Next destination was to Yufeng Temple. On our way to the Camellia tree, we managed to look at Naxi Ancient Music. Pretty nice. We went to look at big camellia tree which is known as the First Tree Under Heaven' and the King of Camellia. This tree is also known as the Couple tree. If you and your spouse take a photo together, do remember to hug tightly to each other. We thought Yufeng Temple was a Buddhism Temple at 1st. Went in and the guide explained to us that many monks visited the temple from other countries and also ask to pray since we are already here.

As the tour was over, I went out of the temple as my eyes were hurting me due to the josstick. Everyone came out and some of us met with problems. I knew about it. I found it funny since Buddhism temple doesn’t have jossstick at all. I found out that the temple was a lamasery temple. Yufeng Temple cheats tourist money. An advice to all, if you are going to Yufeng Temple, do only visit the Camellia Tree and the temple if you want to but don’t even give a single cent to the temple.

Dinner was at a Hotel. After Dinner, we went to the hotel, which is LiJiang Garden Jade Dragon Hotel. Check in and settle down. Went to LiJiang old town and old market square to walk around and to see what Lijiang old town is like at night. Alan told us that Lijiang at night is very beautiful. Indeed it is. Lijang old town and old market square is criss-crossed by canals and a maze of Narrow Street. Well it is a good place to shop for Sounvier and things. Treat my cousin and sister since it was my sister birthday today to supper at a fast food restaurant. Everyone of my family was standing on the walkway holding a hot cup of corn chowder. The feeling was so great. Back to the hotel. Had our rest for the day.

Day 4

Day 4

7.00 were the wake up time for us. Did our stuff. Had our breakfast at the coffeehouse. 1st destination of today, which is LiJiang old town to see what the old town look like during the morning. Very breathtaking scenery in the morning in Lijiang old town. As we finished walking in the old town, it is time for us to do some shopping in the old town. I don’t know what to shop for so together with my dad, cousin ken, sister and me went around taking pictures with the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain behind. Back to the hotel to make sure our luggage are ok and loaded on to the bus. Some problems with the luggage waited on the bus for the problem to be solved between the hotel and the guide. While waiting, my aunty (ken’s mum) bought a few cups of corn chowder for us to drink. Next destination was the Jade Spring Park. Nice scenery. We got to have a chance to look at the Naxi people language Dongba language. Well, my mum bought a stack of postcards about interesting place in LiJiang. Went to this interesting pond, which once you shout or stomp, there will be bubble coming out of the water. After visiting the whole place, went to this Jade shop to look around for a while and went to have our lunch at a hotel.

After lunch, proceed to Dali by bus. The journey is about 3 and half hours. On our way to Dali, the bus wheel went flat. We were like so called stucked for an hour or more. Around 3, we got the bus going. Went to this shop selling Tibet meat to use their bathroom. No offence I think the shop smells more over than the bathroom. We reached Dali probably around 4 plus. Meet up with our Tour Guide in Dali. The guide name was very unique. My mandarin was not good, so I don’t know how to prounce it. Dali has preserved some cobbled streets and traditional stone architectural within its old walls. Proceed to our destination, which are the three pagodas in Chongsheng Temple. Went to see the three pagodas. We were the last batch of tourist to visit the place. Went in to see a big statute of Chinese god. After we stepped out, the caretaker immediately closed it.

Went to have our dinner. After Dinner, went to the hotel we were staying for two nights. The Hotel we were staying is called Asia Star Hotel. Well, we went to check in. Got our keys, went to the room to wash up and quickly went down. Miss Wee and the 8 of us, which is my parents, my aunty (ken’s mum). My cousin ken, aunty Doris, my aunt (my mum's elder brother wife), my sister and me went to the old Ancient City of Dali. Took the bus, which the hotel provided. So reached the place. My sister and I went to check out some CD. Cousin Ken bought pizza to treat us to supper. Back to Hotel and ate the pizza. Washed up and had our rest for the day.

More Yunnan Travel Reviews
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.