Food

Written by Dec 25, 2007 21:25
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

I was just back from Guangzhou. Before I left, I got useful info from this website so I'll like to contribute my info back.

I highly recommend Ying Deng Restaurant @Guangzhou Hotel level 3,opposite Bin Bin plaza for its high quality dim sum and desserts. U've got to wait about 20 mins for the food after ordering as it's prepared on the spot. But the delicacies and the fresh ingredients they use are worth the wait. Lunch deals and less attractive to me, but at least better than the norm. I think the prices are reasonable.

Ren Xin dessert stall along Beijing Lu sells shuang pi nai and other local desserts like almond, seseme paste, etc. Their winning point is their desserts, not their meals. so go for desserts only. Unfortunately, their service is BAD BAD BAD. They get impatient easily and the place isn't hospitable. suggest you take away the dessert if you like sweet stuff n eat in your hotel room.

The people in guang bai da sha are very friendly and nice. It's a good place to start shopping if you're new to guangzhou cos they are willing to offer recommendations and directions to the other good shopping districts!

I think the water in Guangzhou tastes funny. Not like the usual kind in Singapore, Australia. I know it's not fair to compare against world class cities but it's much Poorer, compared to other less developed conutries like Thailand also. it's so strong that teas carry that wierd flavour too. Tastes like excess chlorine in it. so i recommend that u drink mineral water instead.

If clean toilets are important to you, I suggest you visit Mcdonalds and KFC toilets. Cos even the toilets in respectable shopping centres are very very uncomfortable. Expect to bring your own toilet paper and soap to wash your hands! Ladies, be prepared for long queues cos there are no more than 3 cubicles usually. Kudos to fast food restaurants for keeping their toilets at least presentable. Buy mineral water from them in return lor...

More Guangzhou Travel Reviews
1. Why should I bypass Guangzhou…? FAERIEQUEENE from HK Oct 9, 2007 01:42
2. Guangzhou, May 16-18, 2006 BIRDIEJK Jul 5, 2006 04:07
3. Pleasant Memories KEVINWARDCFC from IE Jun 17, 2006 22:06
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.