Shoppin in Beijing Watch out don''t trust them!

Written by Nov 25, 2009 02:50
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

Jewellrey - make up story don't trust them!

Wow, Beijing is really impressive very nice and educational for my children ....
My family joined Super Travel & visited Shanghai & Beijing between 14/11 to 21/11 2009

In Beijing but a lot of our tour members spent thousands of S$ at 同X堂 to purchase after
their so called free diagnosis...also at silk factory outlet claimed their silk is 4th generation silk all
APEC delegate wore their silk dress during APEC in Beijing their is
冰丝 can last for life no dustmite。
also we visited the jewellery shop 龙宝轩(LongBaoXuan) in Beijing near the Bird Nest our tour guide claimed the shop owner donated 8 million RMB
to Olympic project and 6 million RMB to 四川地震. We met up the partner of the shop( 林岩,泰国华侨) he spoke extremely slow and soft in Mandarin and their staff told us his boss seldom come to the shop ,today, it is consider a surprise visit because he heard there are guests from Singapore visiting his shop.He personally welcome us at the same time announced to us this morning his wife in Beijing just gave birth to a pair of twins son, he was so delighted his 1st twin is 2.6kg but the 2nd twin was born under weight only 1.3 kg and his fong shui master advised him in order to overcome this obstacle he must gather 9,999 Chinese to bless for his 2nd son and he decided to give 28( our tour group) each one piece of round jade coin (he told us he supply jewellry to SK Jewellry in Singapore it worth about S$100 and requested us promise him we will not re-sell this jade coin or give away this jade coin to friend ) in exchage for our blessing to his son so everyone give their blessing to his son and so surprise and happy to receive the free gift ....on going round the shop he said today he has not intention to do business due to arrival of his new born twins becuase he doesn't want to earn our money ...& explained to us how to assess good jade & use used the white jade bead to cut one piece of glass into two ...soon he announced he will let go the white jade necklace at RMB200/- per chain(abt 15 inches) everyone thought it was a bargain . Everyone trusted him so much and after tour around his shop he further announced that he decided to give a bigger discount onl selling all items at cost plus workmaship to everyone who like to purchase the jewellery, soon everyone rushed to pick their items the discount was up to 80-90% can compare to 秀水 街(Silk Street Pearl Market) bargain.
and my wife got excited and under the impulsive mood also bought a blue sapphire ear ring/ring/pendant set( in total about 20 carats) price at RMB 8,000 + and now discounted to S$500/-Mr Lin Yan claimed it is Sari lanka origin with quality certificate .I thought we got a bargain but came back to Singapore I showed to my friend in jewellery trade he told me it is Thai origin not Sri Lanka at all and very dark blue worth the most S$2-300 per set . After we settled the payment Mr Lin asked for my phone no. and exchange his to me and say he like to make friend with me and invited me and my wife to his VIP room and asked what is my religion I told him we are Catholic and he ask his stuff bring out one large blue sapphire pendant with a cross on it ( approx 90 carats) he told us this piece worth 77,000 RMB but today because his got a pairs of twin son he is very happy and decided to give us a very special irresistible discount to RMB8,000/- and I told him the colour of the sapphire is not blue very dark , Mr replied not to worry asked we better grap it as this pendant is very rare rank top10 in the world and my wife thought it is a bargain and decided to buy I took out my visa card reluctantly. Again my jewellery expert friend in Singapore told me this 2nd piece worth less than S$300/- . This is really eye opening for an experience chemicals trader like myself. I really dun believe a charitable person and using blessing of his twin son to tell his sales story and conned us.
Do you have any comment on our encounter? Do you aware of this shop and the owner林岩 reputation in Beijing?
Can someone stop them continue using this unethical sales tactic? are they illegal?

from TK Tan

More Beijing Travel Reviews
1. beijing sights sounds & smells condensed into a sprocket-popping bike ride AUTUMNSONG from AF Aug 18, 2009 21:49
2. The Great Wall: Jinshanling to Simatai LEMONCACTUS from CN Jan 19, 2009 01:32
3. A Letter from Beijing's Terminal 3 JSUMMERS83 from CN Sep 14, 2008 01:44
Comments (6)

May 22, 2013 02:15 Reply

Mr.ANGRY from Malaysia said:

I don't think their authority will protect tourist. They seems like helping them, the authority wont care how they do their business. Everything is about relationship. From my recent experience in Beijing, all the citizen is helping each other to cheat tourist. Seems like is their culture. We note that the cheapest thing in Beijing is Books. They sold lots of books guiding people to be good, but I think they really not well educated,seeing so many schools and many university in Beijing but everyone is being trained to cheat with black heart. They are not sincere at all and they can smile with very bad intention and telling lies.

We have to share the actual location of the place which conned tourist, so that everyone who wish to visit china can be more alert to the place. Just back from Beijing, the tour guide being kindhearted brought us to a tourist spots which is not in our travel list. We were brought to the 亚运村which is located next to the Olympic stadium, the security pretend not to let our bus in and told the driver can only make a round tour. End up we were brought to a jewel shop in the so called 亚运村. We waited so long in the meeting room and suddenly a young guy came in and started his bullshit story that he is the son of the boss and just back from Hong Kong name 岩乐. Wanna share his knowledge and BLAR BLAR long same story where you can read the same story from other forum. I wanted to highlight here is that government allow them to do such business in a sports place, where sports should be a healthy and pure place. From here my personal opinion is that the government allow them to do the business no matter what strategy u used.

The only thing we can do to protect or family and friends who like to travel in China, please share the location we have been and be more specified so that more people will be more alert. We went with the tour agency name LOHAS travel agency. Honestly the tour guide is good but the things they did to earn is

Dec 18, 2011 21:17 Reply

Ms.BRAINFREEZE from Singapore said:

We came back from Beijing just a week ago and experienced similar incident at the same shop. This time, the shop owner has chnaged his name to Lee Yi Feng. He's on a rare visit to his father's shop... he wants to meet us bec he is eternally grateful to all Singaporeans as a passerby saved his dad when he fainted in SG 14 years ago. Another good samaritan donated his/her bone marrow to save his dad!

I have to admit that his story was very convincing as many a times, tears just came to his eyes so naturally. Same story, we are not allowed to buy from his shop bec he regards us as 'friends'... and he 'unleashed' his fantastic discounts on us as we are 'friends'! He encouraged us to buy as much for our family and friends as he will charge us for the cost price of the items on that day only!

Many of our group members bought soveniors for family members after the repeating story of how he needs to return this favor to all Singaporeans so that his dad can live longer and in peace. I personally bought a jade pendant and a bangle for my mum, stupid enough to believe his story that jade can reduce high blood pressure naturally. Spent more than SGD $1300 on a lesson on stupidity and being too gullible! Worst thing is that the credit card company cannot stop the payment to them and they can only sympathized. I know it's not their fault but is there anyone who can protect our rights?

Do not fall into his trap! I trully want to know how to report this case to the Beijing authorities. China is beautiful but its people can be very ugly. Just surfed the net on fraud cases in China and the list in unending... Just wonder what are the local authorities doing about this ugly business people? Anyone know what we can do to stop this?

Mar 14, 2010 05:40 Reply

MRNAN said:

Our group also experience the same, but the story is about how honour the owner to have our visits. luckily our group didnt bought the jewellry. To others please be more carefull as such things is common in china.

Dec 23, 2009 11:28 Reply

KIANWAVE said:

Hi Mr AD AWARE,
Tks for your comment.
Soon LonBaoXuan will be out of business as we can sell anything but not our reputation.God will teach him a big lesson.

Dec 10, 2009 22:15 Reply

AD_AWARE said:

Hihi TK Tan, juz to let you know. My parents returned from a similar trip juz 1 week back.. and guess what? The owner's wife gave birth to twins again !!! Wow! guess he must have many 'wives' and polygamy is permitted in China? ^_^" Just curious, which travel agency did you go with... we are considering a complaint case, although my parents didnt buy anything, but another couple from their group did... and they think its really unethical of the tour agency not protecting the customers... juz drop me an email...

Page 1 of 2PreviousNext

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.