<A>Being a tour guide in Chongqing

Written by Apr 27, 2005 14:04
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

As the hottest city in China, Chongqing really has the reputation for it....People all call this city an oven, not only because the weather, but also food, people, atmosphere, and or course one of the most important factors, hot girls...

I'm not Chongqing local, but since I'm from Sichuang province Chengdu city, which is just 3 hours drive from Chongqing and because I went to university in Chongqing for 4 years and have been working here for almost two years, I guess I kind of regards myself as a Chongqing local already...even sometimes I don't like to be.

Because I speak Englsih, because I'm working for a US company, anyway, for some reason, I happned to be a tour guide in Chongqing, which has the main responsibility taking care of visitors from all over the world....Not only tourguide them, but also babysitting them...It's a fantastic job...At the very beginning, I never imagine it could be that much fun...For many time, it wasn't me tour guiding them, but we communicating different culture together...

In winter, day-time Chongqing is like a sleepy valley...the whole city is arounded by mountains, actually the whole city is built on mountains, tall buildings everywhere, but I call it a sleepy valley, just because it's so foggy in winter, you couldn't even see a thing that 10 meters away; this is exactly the same weather in London, that's why when one of my UK friend tried to decide whick city to choose for establishing a JointVenture, he chosed Chongqing at the first sight of this city, becuase it reminds him of his home. Fog maks people sleepy, but also become one of local people's appreciation here, because at war-time, fog used to saved the whole city from being bombed, that's why, sleepy, but it the whole point of why Chongqing still alive today.

Many visitors asked me the same question, how could Chongqing people live in such a weather, that alsmost no sunshine at all in winter time; so here comes another special thing for Chongqing, hot food....It's said one of the reason Chongqing people love spicy food so much is because Chongqing is quite humidity that people couldn't sweat enough, that's why they need something help them out, and hot food is definitely one of the best choices. One thing is that, Chongqing spicy is not only hot hot, but with many other flavours. One of the most famous Chongqing hot food is called HOTPOT, it makes your tongue vibrating but keep eating it....Many visitors, just looking at it will already make them scare enough, hot sauce boiling on fire with full chilly peppers covered on the top, then you put whatever you want to eat inside and boil it..That's why many hotpot haters call it BOILING HELL, but for people who love hot food, it's the best.(To be continuted)

More Chongqing Travel Reviews
1. Love Chongqing SNOWWIN from CN Apr 21, 2004 10:04
2. My husband and I completed a Chongqing to Wuhan cruise aboard the East Queen... BARBARA from US Apr 1, 2004 13:04
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.