From Xian to Mt. Wudangshan

Written by Ms. BARBARA Aug 30, 2010 19:46
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

This is how I got from Xian to Wudang shan via bus. IT WAS AN AWESOME trip with beautiful scenery from the time we got out of Xian (that took almost an hour). The bus ride was about 5 1/2 hour long/total time and very good roads etc. (I think the bus leaves at 9am and 3:30pm) (go into the door next to the KFC across from the train station) The bus station to buy the ticket and to get on the bus is RIGHT next to the KFC restaurant directly across from the Xian railway station. I took bus 602 from East Street all the way to the train station with my pack. (1 yuan) I had a heck of a time finding this ticket/bus place. To get on the bus is also inside this same door (right next to KFC/across from train station) where you buy the ticket and then you walk through a gate that takes you into the bus staging area. The attendants were very helpful and walked me right to the bus. The cost was 140 yuan/RMB. I bought my ticket the afternoon before I wanted to leave as the bus was full in the morning when I went to just get on it but it was the kids holidays (august 28, 2010) The bus stopped for lunch..nice clean place about 11:30am. THen the bus stopped and almost everyone got off about 5 hours into the trip. (there wasn't anything there so I was relieved when the driver indicated that I should stay on the bus so I did and we traveled another 30-40 minutes to apparently the village/entrance gate to Wudang Shan (Wudangshan) world heritage sight. Just a heads up if you walk out of that gate and go left (about 10 minute walk) to a little town (Wudang shan village I think it is called) where you can buy just about anything. There is a rather large supermarket on the left about another 5-10 minutes walk down the main street. B ig street markets in the evening/night. There were little guest houses all along this main road and I suspect the rooms are quite inexpensive. They are easily spotted.

More Shiyan Travel Reviews
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.