Travel Tips about Badaling Great Wall

Written by Ms. EMMA Mar 2, 2011 20:58
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

With Classmates on Badaling

Beijing is a world famous tourism city, but you must be cautious when traveling there, especially do not go for petty advantages. Otherwise you will be totally cheated.

Take Badaling Great Wall travel as an example, you may reveive some Badaling tour leaflets at a rather low price. At least I've received too many around the Tiananmen Square and even in the Forbidden City. But the thing is the tour will not take you to Badaling wanted, but some unpopular ones, like Juyongguan; the food offered is poor mass-produced one; it will also take you to some shopping places and the guide will persuade you to buy…Besides, around the Deshengmen bus station, there are many fake bus 919. The bus owners in fake uniforms may persuade you to take his or her bus. They offered a low price or the same price to send you to Badaling. The fact is they may not send you to Badaling but Juyongguan. Even if it indeed send you to Badaling, you may spend more time on road and it is not safe to take private buses.

Then how to avoid being cheated when touring Badaling. I will give some my own enlightments based on my experience. If you want to take a tour, then sign with the agencies with fixed offices and legal documents issued by the authority; make sure whether it is to Badaling and will you go to too many shopping places or not; will it will drop you after the tour…If travel by yourself, you must will take bus 919 at Deshengmen Bus Station or train at Beijing north railway station. By train is OK and almost nobody can get you cheated, unless you buy fake train ticket from the scalper. If by bus, you need to be cautious then. I have a tip here to tell the real bus 919 from the fake one. You just bear in mind that the real ones always have car readers and you could pay either by transportation card or cash. Also, there are many 919 branch lines which do not run to Badaling. In this case, after finding out the bus 919 with car reader, you need to make a further confirmation with the driver or conductor that it is leaving for Badaling. In this way, I think you'll reach Badaling smoothly. Good luck!

More Great Wall Travel Reviews
1. About Yanmenguan Pass GARDENER12 from Afghanistan Feb 16, 2011 00:39
2. Suggestions on Budget Tour to Juyongguan E from Philippines Jan 7, 2011 01:45
3. My visit to the Great Wall 11 years ago LEE ISENBERG from usa Dec 23, 2010 10:12
Comments (0)

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.