Menu

Great Wall Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Mr. M.I.
Aug 21, 2015 21:22

I was there yesterday and it was a wonderful experience. No long queues, no crowds, and it's a beautiful green area indeed. Highly recommended.[br] About the buses, well, one most important thing is to have exact change in your pocket when you're getting aboard the bus because the bus drivers ... Details

• Views: 4934
  • Compliments: 193
  • Responses: 0
Ms. ALISON
Jul 29, 2014 22:55

I've had to visit Mutianyu two times and the first time I had the hardest time finding 867. I know it had shut down for a period of time between late 2013 and into 2014 but all reports online said it was up and running.[br] [br] The second time I had to go to Mutianyu I found the ... Details

• Views: 3242
  • Compliments: 3
Mr. ALTA
Sep 1, 2013 22:19

Hi, 'I just came back from my Beijing trip and I did not see the sign "One World One Dream" from Badaling Gate. There was not Cable Car either. Instead, we used the sliding road which was sliding up and down.
It was very hot in beginning of August, and great wall was very crowdy by ... Details

• Views: 3267
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 1
Mr. cHARLI
May 12, 2013 19:59

I just visited Jinshanling today, and I must say, it is one of the most authentic and amazingly scenic sections of the wall (I have visited most others - badaling, mutianyu, simatai). Although it's the furthest away, it's well worth the journey as you get much less crowds, and although well ... Details

• Views: 3943
  • Compliments: 6
Ms. BUBBLES
Mar 7, 2012 20:00

the story 
          Other purposes of the Great Wall have included allowing for border control practices, such as check points allowing for the various imperial governments of China to tariff goods transported along the ... Details

• Views: 3700
Ms. GURPREET
Feb 21, 2012 23:11

The history of the Great Wall is said to start from the Spring and Autumn Periods when seven powerful states appeared at the same time. In order to defend themselves, they all built walls and stationed troops on the borders. At that time, the total length of the wall had already reached 3,107 miles, ... Details

• Views: 4007
Aug 5, 2011 04:19

It was named Jiankou (arrow nock) according to the stretching shape of the Wall: higher on two sides and lower in the middle, just like a fully-bent bow with an arrow nock. It is one of the most dangerous sections of the Great Wall, making it a photographic hotspot and hot destination for the adventurers. ... Details

• Views: 4206
  • Compliments: 7
Ms. STELLA
Jul 16, 2011 03:21

It was a nice day. Accompanied by my friend, I went to the Great Wall as planned. We had meant to Badaling, but were driven to Juyongguan. The driver/private car owner cheated us, for Juyongguan was closer than Badaling. Seen from the foot, Juyongguan seemed great as well, so we didn’t make any ... Details

• Views: 4014
  • Compliments: 1
Mr. HANK
Jun 23, 2011 03:11

I vacillated for a long time between Badaling and Mutianyu before the trip. But after observing that there were many one-day tours to Badaling, I chose Mutianyu, for I was kind of frightened by the crowds on those touristy sites. Mutianyu was located in Huairou, a little further than Badaling. From ... Details

• Views: 3712
Mr. PEE_OED
Jun 7, 2011 04:27

On May 29, 2011 my wife, who is Chinese telephoned and scheduled a Bus Tour From Beijing to BaDaLing, Great Wall of China. My wife requested the tour to BaDaLing for 4 Hours and other stops for 30RMB/person as advertised in thier flier. The next morning we were picked up by car and driven to the ... Details

• Views: 4598
  • Compliments: 2
  • Responses: 3