A Harrowing Beijing Tour operated by Holiday World Tours of Hong Kong

Written by Ms. LUMBA Aug 29, 2012 12:41
Add Friends:
Email 1 Email 2 Email 3

No more than 10 friends at a time, please.

COMPLAINT AGAINST THE HOLIDAY WORLD TOURS OF HONG KONG

This is another harrowing experience courtesy of the Holiday World Tour. We booked a 4 day Beijing package tour in Manila through the Scorpio Travel Tours at Ortigas Center. Their partner in China is the Holiday World Tours, Ltd.

We traveled in Beijing from 14-18 August. It is the worst one I've ever had in all my tours in Asia.

They book you in so-called 'compulsory tours'. I now know the reason why it is a 'compulsory tour'--this is because the tourists are to be set-up to buy in very expensive shops even if we were not interested in buying anything. The shops were so hard sell that we had to be rude and walk out on them when we told them we are not interested in their very expensive products.

The tour guide for the Holiday World Tours, Ltd, in Beijing, her name is Emily, is the laziest tour guide I have ever encountered. I had lost my temper with her when she insisted that we only see one building at the Temple of Heaven. I have been to Beijing before and had seen all the major attractions. And I know that the Temple of Heaven has other areas of interest. I had to tell her to bring us to the circular mound where the emperor prays. I had almost asked her to go home as she seems so lazy to even walk from the main building to the circular mound.

For the Forbidden City, this tour guide just says it is a collection of buildings which are not really interesting. So as not to ruin our visit, I just asked her to stay in the car while my sister and I rented the electronic tour guide around Forbidden City.

The hotel they booked us at is also terrible, dirty and smells of smoke.

I regret that I we had booked this tour with this company. Please disseminate this far and wide so other people will not be victimized.

More Beijing Travel Reviews
1. mughal's restaurant,the best indian/pakistani food in beijing XIER0352 Jun 3, 2012 22:39
2. Silk street - a wonderland POOJA SRINIVAS from China Apr 5, 2012 04:08
3. A Family Trip to Bejiing JIMMYB from China Mar 23, 2012 03:58
Comments (2)

Apr 14, 2017 04:29 Reply

Mr.JOHN from India said:

I also had bad experience with holiday world tours at Hongkong. Their guide was utterly rude and even left one of our fellow couple at the hotel inspite of the fact that they were not late and were running out of the gate of the hotel. the guide even misbehaved when i asked him to stop for the couple. this company seemingly posts fake reviews and posts fake arrogant replies to negative reviews on tripadvisor.com, what else can you say about unethical practices and culture of a company.

Nov 10, 2013 07:41 Reply

Mr.HATEBEIJING from china said:

Dear Ms LUMBA
you will find that you will be disatisfied no matter which tour you join in Beijing. Each time i come here I always leave disappointed as the attitude of anyone providing service here are generally terrible with very few exceptions. best not to come here at all.

Write Your Comment

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.

Send me an Email if anyone replies.

You can post as a member (Login first) or a guest!

*Name: Country:

No more than 2,000 characters, please.